DizzyFIX: Solutions for vertigo caused by BPPV.
WHO IS THE DizzyFIX APP DESIGNED FOR?
1) Medical professionals/students who wish to learn to perform the Epley maneuver correctly.
2) Medical professionals/students who wish to use the included medical reference containing information on diagnosing various types of dizziness.
CAN I USE IT TO TREAT MY OWN BPPV?
This app's interface is NOT designed to self-treat BPPV and you cannot see the screen during the maneuver. For self-treatment of BPPV, please purchase our clinically proven and popular self-treatment DizzyFIX "hat" device from: http://www.dizzyfix.com
PURPOSE OF THE DizzyFIX APP
This application assists in the performance of the Epley maneuver that is recognized as the primary treatment for BPPV. The application assists the physician in guiding the participant through the correct series of head and body positions that ultimately guide loose vertigo causing particles out of the inner ear and into non-reactive areas. The app uses the accelerometers to ensure that the head angles are correct though-out the maneuver.
1) The app guides the physician to place the participant's head into a series of precise positions using the accelerometers in the iPhone or iPod touch. The 3D head-model in the interface turns to each goal position, and then will interactively return to facing straight ahead as you approach each correct position.
2) Includes a detailed textbook on the diagnosis and treatment of vertigo. The textbook includes videos of common diagnostic maneuvers.
3) Little instructional videos and written prompt help to guide you to perform a correct Epley maneuver.
4) Write DizzyFIX device prescriptions (emailed) directly from the phone.
You can view the app's instructional video is here: http://bit.ly/dizzyfixapp2
Once again, the DizzyFIX iPhone application is designed for use by medical professionals and does not help you to treat yourself, as you cannot see the screen during the maneuver.
A physical DizzyFIX device can be acquired at http://www.dizzyfix.com
Test for MDM vs AppConfigurator 2
Ratings and Reviews
Worked like a charm
I woke up one morning and was unable to stay upright from vertigo. Luckily one of my clients is an ER doctor and diagnosed the problem. I was in no shape to even get myself to the hospital and lucked out when I found the dizzyfix app. My 11 year old son used this app and fixed the problem on the first shot. Well done.
Did not work for me
I never wrote reviews but did pay $10 in desperation to fix a vertigo attack. I have Ménière's disease. I had my kids and my wife try this on me multiple times on different occasions. If it worked for someone, I am glad for them since I know how debilitating the episodes can be. This app would be invaluable at any price if it worked for me but it did not. Sorry, 1 star from me.
Very cool idea. What is does is instantly enable any physician to take a patient through the correct treatment maneuver for BPPV. Wow - it really shows you your progress as you go and helps you along the way.
- Clearwater Clinical Limited
- 15.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Clearwater Clinical Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to the FULL VERSION of DizzyFIX $14.99
- Upgrade to the FULL VERSION of DizzyFIX $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.