Ready to rock your next party? Introducing the all-new djay: now with live music production tools, enhanced Spotify integration, Automix AI, music visualizers, and countless new features.
djay transforms your iOS device into a full-featured DJ and music production system. Seamlessly integrated with your music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to millions of songs. You can perform live, remix tracks, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad or iPhone.
ALL-NEW USER INTERFACE
• Classic DJ Turntable, 2-Deck, 4-Deck, Looper, Automix, Single Deck, and Video modes
• Deck mode: view your decks and library side by side
• Looper mode: create beats and jam live to your music
• Video mode: mix videos, visual loops, and Live Photos with music
• Automix mode: trigger automatic transitions in a beautiful album cover view
• Single Deck mode: prepare your sets and manage your playlists
MUSIC PRODUCTION TOOLS
• Sequencer: create beats on top of your music live
• Looper: remix your music with up to 48 loops per track
• Beat-matched sequencing of drums and samples
• Extensive content library with hundreds of loops and samples.
• Instant access to millions of songs
• Playlists, Songs, Charts, Browse, and more
• Match: cloud-based song recommendations
• Ultra-low latency, up to 320 kbps
*Requires Spotify Premium and internet connection
• Automatic mixes based on artificial intelligence
• Queue and Playlist automation
• “My Library” section to create and edit your own playlists
• Smart track filtering by BPM, key or genre
• Plug-and-play integration of over 50 MIDI controllers by Pioneer DJ, Reloop, Numark, and Denon DJ
• Advanced MIDI Learn to map any class-compliant MIDI controller
• Support for Bluetooth audio and MIDI
• Support for multi-channel USB audio interfaces and external monitors
NEW AUDIO ENGINE
• Ableton Link integration
• Sync Mode
• Post-fader FX
• High-res waveforms
BUILT FOR iOS
• Accessible via VoiceOver
• Airplay, Live Photos, Apple Watch, and iCloud integration
• 3D Touch, Haptic Feedback, Drag & Drop, Keyboard Shortcuts
• Multi-Tasking: Slide Over and Split View support
• Fully optimized for the latest iPhones and iPads
Top features of the optional djay Pro subscription include:
• Unlimited access to an extensive library of samples, loops, FX, and visuals
• Sampler & Looper
• Advanced Automix
• Video Mixing
• Music Visualizers
• Single Deck mode
• 4-Deck mode
• Advanced media library editing
• Pre-cueing with headphones
• Hardware integration (MIDI controllers, multi-channel audio interfaces, external monitors)
• Subscribe once, access unlimited djay Pro content and features across all of your iOS devices
• 7-day free trial: free access to all djay Pro content and features for one week, cancel anytime
• Subscribe to get unlimited access to all PRO features, loops, FX, sounds, and visuals
• Monthly ($4.99) & yearly ($39.99)*
• Free trial subscription is automatically renewed unless cancelled 24 hours before the renewal
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
*Prices are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
djay is compatible with any iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.2 or later.
Thank you for using djay! In this release we are adding major new features and a big content refresh with new loops, samples and visuals. Here is what’s new:
• New content: added new looper packs, sample packs, and visuals
• New feature: 2 deck PRO mode on iPhone
• New feature: Customize sampler (including rearranging, recording and importing your own samples)
• New feature: full screen media library in Classic mode and 4 Deck mode on iPad
• New feature: Beat Jump (part of Cue Points / Skip tool)
• New feature: Automix start and end points to control Automix transitions
• New feature: Siri Shortcuts integration to start Automix via voice commands
• Added separate sliders for controlling volume of sampler and looper independently
• Added support for 0 bar transition duration
• Added support for Numark Party Mix Pro MIDI controller
• Added VoiceOver accessibility to Looper mode
• Added support for VoiceOver reading song titles when using MIDI controller to browse songs
• Many VoiceOver accessibility improvements (e.g. improved swipe order)
• Improved timing precision when dragging needle and tracks are in sync mode
• Fixed missing song context menu in media library collection view layout
• Fixed instant doubles for decks 3/4
• Fixed missing load button long-press menu in 4 deck mode
• Fixed load button not working in 4 deck mode when using MIDI controller
• Fixed sampler volume and velocity pads not working on some MIDI controllers
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
• Improved waveform markers for Automix start/end points
• Fixed Automix start point mapped to CUE
• Various bugfixes
• Fixed loading tracks via MIDI controllers
• Fixed Grid EQ visual effect missing from effects list
• Additional bugfixes
NOTE: If you previously purchased djay 2 or djay Pro, you can continue to use them side-by-side with the new djay and re-download them at any time via the "Purchased" section in the App Store app. Additionally, all of your existing controller mappings, cue points, and purchased FX packs will automatically transfer to the Free and Pro versions of the new djay.
If you enjoy using djay, would you mind taking a moment to write a review on the App Store? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Ratings and Reviews
Bait and switch (updated)
I previously wrote an angry review with one star for this app. I am seriously annoyed with companies switching to a subscription model instead of supporting apps or desktop applications people have already paid for and expected support for. That said, I am updating my review and rating due to the fact that this update is excellent. It’s the best DJ app on iOS. For 4 stars, I implore Algoriddim GmbH to allow for more comprehensive editorial of the beat grid. Bonus points for allowing the user to create new audio files with truncated versions of tracks. Some songs have sliding, evolving, or distinct tempo sections. “Batdance” by Prince is a great example. There’s basically another song embedded in the middle of that track. As a vinyl DJ I understand that skill can overcome these limitations, but as an Apple customer who just bought a powerful new iPad Pro, I want my machine to use all it’s processor power to make my life easier and to free up my brain goo processor for other creative activities (microphone banter, visuals, dance-offs, etc).
For 5 stars, make this app compatible with Audiobus technology (like DJ Pro is/was).
I would also suggest, if they are receptive, ask Ableton if “DJ” can read .ALS files so that all the warp marking labor undertaken by users can be interpreted non-destructively (ie: without rendering a new audio file). Keep up the good work.
Subscription = $0 from me 😢
Okay, I like the app. But there is literally NO CHANCE I will pay for a subscription, especially $60 a year. NEVER. But, I’d happily pay you $5 or even $10 immediately to remove the ads for pro right now. Takes up way too much room in the track selector. And, I’d be happy to buy some more effects for fun and to support you, too. Just starting out, so the rest I don’t even need. Visuals? No. Pre-cuing and Midi? Have nothing to use them with so don’t need. Maybe later if I get good. Loops? Also, maybe a few later, but even then 1000? Don’t care. Would probably rather import my own.
Really, you have the best product. But, you’re ruining your own profits with a subscription model. Did you even test the idea with non or new users? Bad customer research I’d say. Hope you didn’t pay a consultancy for such poor incomplete non-insights.
Would have been better to have a timed basic trial. Then, pay 5 or 10 to unlock continuing to use it. Then, parcel out the rest of the pro features as in app purchases. Then, you can continue to add more features as add-ons as you make them. Seems obvious to me. Too bad.
We asked for more features on Djay Pro, and this is what we get.
If anyone used the previous generation of the djay series and was in fact following along with the forum, you should be aware that they were willing to add more ideas such as ableton link to djay pro. However, the devs showed up once to support it never since. Well, Now we know why. They weren’t talking on the forum because they knew that they wanted to get more money off features that were requested.
It’s important to note that the djay series has been attractive because it was a one-time payment app that beat all other one-time payment djing app. This, however, defeats the trust of the djay series. Even with the 83% off for djay pro users, it’s still outrageous that you pay $9.99 for a year worth of djay, when there are better alternatives at that price range such as the soda.
For those of you trying out the djay app for the first time, don’t bother with this one even if it seems very attractive. Get alternatives or the older djay pro. They are only missing a few things and often times they’re cheaper than $9.99 for a one-time payment.
- algoriddim GmbH
- 191.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2006-2019 algoriddim GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Full Access to PRO $4.99
- Full Access to PRO $4.99
- Full Access to PRO $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.