Ready to rock your next party? Introducing the all-new djay: now with live music production tools, enhanced Spotify integration, Automix AI, music visualizers, and countless new features.
djay transforms your iOS device into a full-featured DJ and music production system. Seamlessly integrated with your music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to millions of songs. You can perform live, remix tracks, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad or iPhone.
ALL-NEW USER INTERFACE
• Classic DJ Turntable, 2-Deck, 4-Deck, Looper, Automix, Single Deck, and Video modes
• Deck mode: view your decks and library side by side
• Looper mode: create beats and jam live to your music
• Video mode: mix videos, visual loops, and Live Photos with music
• Automix mode: trigger automatic transitions in a beautiful album cover view
• Single Deck mode: prepare your sets and manage your playlists
MUSIC PRODUCTION TOOLS
• Sequencer: create beats on top of your music live
• Looper: remix your music with up to 48 loops per track
• Beat-matched sequencing of drums and samples
• Extensive content library with hundreds of loops and samples.
• Instant access to millions of songs
• Playlists, Songs, Charts, Browse, and more
• Match: cloud-based song recommendations
• Ultra-low latency, up to 320 kbps
*Requires Spotify Premium and internet connection
• Automatic mixes based on artificial intelligence
• Queue and Playlist automation
• “My Library” section to create and edit your own playlists
• Smart track filtering by BPM, key or genre
• Plug-and-play integration of over 50 MIDI controllers by Pioneer DJ, Reloop, Numark, and Denon DJ
• Advanced MIDI Learn to map any class-compliant MIDI controller
• Support for Bluetooth audio and MIDI
• Support for multi-channel USB audio interfaces and external monitors
NEW AUDIO ENGINE
• Ableton Link integration
• Sync Mode
• Post-fader FX
• High-res waveforms
BUILT FOR iOS
• Accessible via VoiceOver
• Airplay, Live Photos, Apple Watch, and iCloud integration
• 3D Touch, Haptic Feedback, Drag & Drop, Keyboard Shortcuts
• Multi-Tasking: Slide Over and Split View support
• Fully optimized for the latest iPhones and iPads
Top features of the optional djay Pro subscription include:
• Unlimited access to an extensive library of samples, loops, FX, and visuals
• Sampler & Looper
• Advanced Automix
• Video Mixing
• Music Visualizers
• Single Deck mode
• 4-Deck mode
• Advanced media library editing
• Pre-cueing with headphones
• Hardware integration (MIDI controllers, multi-channel audio interfaces, external monitors)
• Subscribe once, access unlimited djay Pro content and features across all of your iOS devices
• 7-day free trial: free access to all djay Pro content and features for one week, cancel anytime
• Subscribe to get unlimited access to all PRO features, loops, FX, sounds, and visuals
• Monthly ($4.99) & yearly ($39.99)*
• Free trial subscription is automatically renewed unless cancelled 24 hours before the renewal
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
*Prices are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
djay is compatible with any iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.2 or later.
Thank you for using djay! We update the app regularly to provide the best mixing experience for you. Here is what’s new in this release:
• New feature "End of song warning": time display starts blinking when song is about to end
• New feature "djay Tour": quick demo to walk you through the basic functions of djay
• Improved MIDI integration: Play and CUE buttons now blink in various pause/cue states
• Improved VoiceOver accessibility of dashboard and BPM popover
• Improved sync state behavior
• Improved performance when moving crossfader and line faders
• Fixed video visualizer selection not working correctly
• Fixed possible recording button layout issue on iPhone
• Various bugfixes and improvements
NOTE: If you previously purchased djay 2 or djay Pro, you can continue to use them side-by-side with the new djay and re-download them at any time via the "Purchased" section in the App Store app. Additionally, all of your existing controller mappings, cue points, and purchased FX packs will automatically transfer to the Free and Pro versions of the new djay.
If you enjoy using djay, would you mind taking a moment to write a review on the App Store? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Ratings and Reviews
Bait and switch (updated)
I previously wrote an angry review with one star for this app. I am seriously annoyed with companies switching to a subscription model instead of supporting apps or desktop applications people have already paid for and expected support for. That said, I am updating my review and rating due to the fact that this update is excellent. It’s the best DJ app on iOS. For 4 stars, I implore Algoriddim GmbH to allow for more comprehensive editorial of the beat grid. Bonus points for allowing the user to create new audio files with truncated versions of tracks. Some songs have sliding, evolving, or distinct tempo sections. “Batdance” by Prince is a great example. There’s basically another song embedded in the middle of that track. As a vinyl DJ I understand that skill can overcome these limitations, but as an Apple customer who just bought a powerful new iPad Pro, I want my machine to use all it’s processor power to make my life easier and to free up my brain goo processor for other creative activities (microphone banter, visuals, dance-offs, etc).
For 5 stars, make this app compatible with Audiobus technology (like DJ Pro is/was).
I would also suggest, if they are receptive, ask Ableton if “DJ” can read .ALS files so that all the warp marking labor undertaken by users can be interpreted non-destructively (ie: without rendering a new audio file). Keep up the good work.
We asked for more features on Djay Pro, and this is what we get.
If anyone used the previous generation of the djay series and was in fact following along with the forum, you should be aware that they were willing to add more ideas such as ableton link to djay pro. However, the devs showed up once to support it never since. Well, Now we know why. They weren’t talking on the forum because they knew that they wanted to get more money off features that were requested.
It’s important to note that the djay series has been attractive because it was a one-time payment app that beat all other one-time payment djing app. This, however, defeats the trust of the djay series. Even with the 83% off for djay pro users, it’s still outrageous that you pay $9.99 for a year worth of djay, when there are better alternatives at that price range such as the soda.
For those of you trying out the djay app for the first time, don’t bother with this one even if it seems very attractive. Get alternatives or the older djay pro. They are only missing a few things and often times they’re cheaper than $9.99 for a one-time payment.
What a mess...
I’ve been using DJ Pro for years and love it. Unnecessarily complex doesn’t begin to describe this hot mess of an “update.” I am constantly hitting menu buttons to change views back and forth just to do some basic mixing. In 4 deck view, you cannot control the basic volume of the track and the FX controls at the same time because they are on two completely different pages! ???!!!??? The library (as others have mentioned) is now so small and complex that it’s difficult to find the next song quickly so you can get back to mixing. This is not an update, it’s a downgrade and a waste of money. I paid my $9.99 to try it out. Learn from my mistake, save your money and buy a real DJ program, because this app is not it. And seriously, what is the subscription for and where is the value for the monthly fee? The loops? We have to punch through so many menu options just to get there (and back) that the song will be over before we can even add a basic kick or snare to our mix. What a waste.
- algoriddim GmbH
- 179.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2006-2019 algoriddim GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Full Access to PRO $4.99
- Full Access to PRO $4.99
- Full Access to PRO $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.