By algoriddim GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** 40% OFF - INTRODUCTORY PRICING FOR A LIMITED TIME **
djay Pro provides a complete toolkit for performing DJs. Its unique modern interface is built around a sophisticated integration with iTunes and Spotify, giving you instant access to millions of tracks. Pristine sound quality and a powerful set of features including high-definition waveforms, four decks, audio effects, video mixing and hardware integration give you endless creative flexibility to take your sets to new heights.
Powerful DJ Interface
• Four Decks
• Instant access to over 20 million songs
• Playlists, Songs, Charts, Browse
• Match: cloud-based song recommendations powered by The Echo Nest
• Instant access to BPM and Key information through the cloud
• On-the-fly playlist editing and song saving
• Drag & Drop from Spotify app
• Powerful audio streaming technology: ultra-low latency, advanced effects, on-the-fly analysis
• Video library with pre-bundled content
• Video mixing and scratching
• Music Visualizers
• Visual FX
• Title & image overlays
• A/V recording
• Support for external displays and Airplay
Pioneer CDJ/XDJ Integration
• Native support for Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-900nexus, and XDJ-1000
• Guided plug & play setup
• Full hardware control including slip mode, scratching, pitch bending, looping, cueing, master tempo
• Library navigation including Spotify + iTunes, waveforms, and cue point display on the CDJ/XDJ screens
• Connect up to 4 CDJs/XDJs
Four Deck Mixing
• Horizontal / vertical layouts
• Crossfader assignments (left, right, thru)
• Spotify + iTunes
• Video library
• File system integration
• History and Queue
• Instant preview
• Light / dark mode
• Expanded mode
• Horizontal / vertical
• Two deck / four deck
• Variable zoom level
• Live sampling and preset editing
• Pre-bundled content by Loopmasters
• Pre-bundled scratch samples by DJQbert
• AAC / WAV
• iTunes export
• Automatic, beat-matched mixes
• Queue and Playlist automation
• Automatic transitions
• Automix Radio powered by The Echo Nest
Advanced DJ Tools
• Cue Points
• Slip Mode
• Beat grid editing
• Over 30 state-of-the-art audio effects powered by Sugar Bytes (available via In-App Purchase)
• Up to three chain-able audio effects per deck
• XY-Pad and Instant FX
• Advanced time-stretching (up to +- 75%)
• Pitch shifting (up to +- 1 octave)
• Audio mixing with adjustable crossfader curves
• EQ, panning, and highpass/lowpass filtering
• Audio Limiter
• Support for Audio Unit plug-ins
• BPM and beat detection
• Flexible beat grids with support for dynamic tempo
• Frequency-based colored waveforms
• Key detection
• Auto-gain / Normalize
• Multi-core batch analysis
• Native support for over 50 MIDI controllers
• Native support for Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-900nexus, and XDJ-1000
• Advanced MIDI Learn
• External Mixer Mode
• Support for multi-channel USB audio interfaces
• Support for external audio input and microphones
Built for OS X
• Native 64-bit application
• 60 frames per second graphics engine
• Optimized for MacBook Pro with Retina Display
• Optimized for iMac with Retina 5K Display
• Multi-core analysis (up to 24 processing threads on 12-core Mac Pro)
• Extensive keyboard shortcuts
• Multi-touch trackpad control
• iCloud integration: syncs cue points, grid edits and meta data with iOS versions of djay
djay Pro is compatible with any Mac running OS X 10.9 or later.
A Spotify Premium subscription and an internet connection is required to access the Spotify music catalog from djay Pro. A seven day free trial of Spotify Premium is available to all djay Pro users.
To use songs from iCloud in djay Pro please download them first via iTunes. No support for DRM protected songs.
What's New in Version 1.1
Algoriddim brings you a massive update to djay Pro, and it’s completely FREE. The all new VIDEO mode allows you to apply visualizers to your tracks and mix videos in real-time, all with stunning transitions, visual FX, text and image overlays, live A/V recording, and extensive pre-bundled video content.
Moreover, djay Pro now offers native integration with Pioneer DJ's CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-900nexus, and XDJ-1000, the industry-leading setup for DJs. Access your Spotify and iTunes playlists directly from the CDJ’s screen including waveform and cue points display.
NEW FEATURES OVERVIEW
• All-new VIDEO mode with video mixer, visual effects, audio visualizers, text and image overlays, A/V recording, and extensive pre-bundled video content
• Added native support for Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-900nexus, and XDJ-1000 with guided plug & play setup and full library navigation (incl. Spotify), song information, waveform, and cue point display on the device via HID
• Added native support for Numark Mixtrack Quad and Mixtrack Edge, and Denon MC6000, MC6000MK2, MC2000
• New improved media library with sources for iTunes, Spotify, Videos, My Mac (files), and history
• New redesigned Match feature now available for both Spotify andnd iTunes
• New media library collection view layout with album artwork display
• New "My Mac" library source to access music and videos in any folder, hard disk, USB sticks, etc.
• Added ability to search within playlists in addition to library-wide searching
• Added ability to export history sessions as CSV, iTunes, or Spotify playlist
• Added support for up to 8 cue points
• Added support for high-quality bit rate (320 kb/s) when using Spotify
• Added external mixer mode (can be used with both external USB mixers like DJM-900 and multiple separate output devices like CDJs)
• Added media list columns for bit rate, sample rate, kind, and date modified
• Improved Spotify library integration to grey out unavailable tracks
• Improved media library to honor font size setting in Queue, Match, and search panes
• Improved deck tools to remember last selected state
• Improved almost-instant audio configuration, allows staged takeover from previous DJ (e.g. connect first CDJ device and start playing, then connect remaining devices once previous DJ finished)
• Improved pitch-bending using controller jog wheels
• Improved slip mode when using MIDI controllers: now also working when looping, using cue points, or with reverse playback
• Improved MIDI Learn with support for custom MIDI out values (e.g. for colored button LEDs)
• Added support for sharing current track info with Nicecast by Rogue Amoeba
• Added various new MIDI mapping actions: beat jump (skipping), master sync setting, loop/reloop, media library back button and source selection, visualizer selection, video crossfade
• Many other fixes and improvements
Thank you for using djay Pro. If you enjoy this update, please rate djay Pro on the App Store. We appreciate your continued support!
Good, but needs some polishing
I am a huge fan of the Algoriddim software for Apple products. I have djay Pro on my Mac and djay2 on my iphone and I use them regularly when I’m alone and in the comapany of others. This update managed to get most of the hang-ups fixed that I didn’t like before, such as the new continuous FX scroll bar function that allows you view all of the effects like tonalizer, echo, boatman, warp, etc instead of having to search through each category of drop down menus.
I, personally, don’t know how’d I’d use the new video tool live (don’t know the hookups I’d need to project the video feed from my mac), but It’s nice and free and I suppose I could record video if I really wanted to do that.
My biggest qualm about this update is that I’m experiencing an issue with it’s compatability to the ddj wego2. The sample function won’t allow me to use my controller and hear the sample. I have not tried plugging my ddj wego2 into a speaker and seeing if the sample output will function that way, but those precious little noises aren’t coming through the main or precue in my headphones. I’m sure there may be other glitches that I haven’t come across yet.
People at Algoriddim, I need you to dedicate some long hours to the djay Pro. I love it so far, but there’s still lots of ground to cover to make this sucker a monster.
So long PCDJ
FINALLY - I’ve been patiently waiting for a VJ/Karaoke app for Mac equavilant to PCDJ for Windows. I’ve always loved the djay pro app… and this just made it a ga-zillion times better! Only major bug I’ve found is that I can’t remove a folder from the “MY MAC” function - I can only add. However, I’m sure that will get fixed soon.
Love this app but this version came dead on arrival.
Where can I start, the new version crashes constantly and corrupts the drive which is forcing a boot repair. Please release the older version, which I love, until this new version passes some quality testing.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 256 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: algoriddim GmbH
- © 2006-2015 algoriddim GmbH
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete FX Pack Collection$9.99