Djurkorsord Lite - Swedish Crosswords for Children
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Djurkorsord Lite is a free version of Djurkorsord (Swedish for Animal Crosswords) which is a new, fun, and educational app for children just beginning to learn to read and spell Swedish words. Your child can both play and learn at the same time!
A great app if your child needs to practice Swedish as a second language!
Djurkorsord contains 8 crosswords with over 40 common Swedish words that children learn to spell in the beginning and there are also some tricky words of course.
The crossword consists of images that your child will use as a clue for the missing word. All the crosswords can be solved over and over and the crosswords in each category slowly increase in difficulty to challenge your child’s spelling.
Crosswords are divided into the following category of animals:
- Sea animals
- Zoo animals
- Forest animals
- Farm animals
- Jungle animals
- Small animals
The Lite version contains the crosswords in the Farm animals category.
In each crossword puzzle your child can easily:
- Switch between uppercase and lowercase letters
- Display the entire alphabet or only those letters that appear in the crossword
- Reset the crossword and start over
- Go to a new crossword group
The game includes few explanatory texts. It is easy and intuitive for children to understand how to play the game.
If your child gets stuck in one crossword puzzle, you can switch to another without having to start over. Everything is saved until you solve the crossword.
For your child’s sake, the game is ad- and link-free, and also free from so-called "in app purchase". There is a link to the full version of the app under the "i" (information) button. This link is of course removed in the full version of the app.
Animal Crossword is developed by the Swedish company OkiDokiApps and of course tested on children!
What's New in Version 1.0.1
A huge thanks to all the great comments I have received from users!
In this version the following had been added/changed:
- Improved navigation - new buttons to jump to next crossword in the group and "swipe" possibility on some pages
- New feature: Help letters - soft grey hint of correct letter (help for small children, can be changed from new "Parent control" page found under I-button)
- Total reset of game available (Also from parent control page)
- Improved crossword reset button (alert before reset)
- Clearer illustration of crosswords difficulty level
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 07, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Language: Swedish
- Seller: Asa Petersson
- © OkiDokiApps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.