DK Quick Cook
By Dorling Kindersley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The perfect kitchen companion - Quick Cook offers over 500 illustrated recipes, fast and easy searching, a menu planner, shopping lists and gallery.
Wondering what to cook for a healthy and delicious meal after a busy day? Need to impress friends for dinner but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? DK’s Quick Cook makes choosing recipes, planning menus, shopping for food, and the cooking itself, fast, fun and hassle-free.
Quick Cook offers you five fantastic features to make your life easier:
1. Over 500 Illustrated Recipes
2. Recipe Search
3. Make a Shopping List
4. Create Your Own Menus
5. Build a Quick Cook Recipe Collection
• Every recipe has a photograph of the finished dish.
• Prep time never exceeds 45 minutes, and many dishes are ready in under 30 minutes.
• Search by keyword or use our filters to only see Starter, Main, Dessert, Key ingredient, or by how much time you have available.
• Narrow your search with the What’s in my refrigerator?, Healthy, Vegetarian, and Freezable selection features.
• Create a shopping list from your chosen recipes.
• For less readily available ingredients, see our suggested alternatives.
• Order the list by recipe or supermarket aisle and email to your smart phone for your shopping trip.
• Save possible recipes to your menu then review, reorganize, add and reject to finalize your plan.
• Plan menus for one meal, or for several.
• Create and store as many menus as you want, giving each a name.
• Share menu plans with your friends.
• Check out our menu planning tips.
• Buy additional packs of recipes to create an even larger recipe resource.
• Over 600 recipes available in total.
PRAISE FOR QUICK COOK
"Cookbook collectors should consider DK Publishing's Quick Cook. It includes more than 500 illustrated recipes."
-- NY Times
"DK Quick Cook is a fantastic compendium of recipes that does everything just right. It’s become a new favorite of mine and I’ll be creating many a fine meal thanks to it in the future."
-- 148 Apps
• Apple New & Noteworthy selection
• Apple Staff Favourite
REVIEWS OF THE ILLUSTRATED QUICK COOK BOOK
All of the recipes in this app are also available in book form from your favourite bookstore: Quick Cook (US edition) and Cook Express (UK edition).
"An easy-to-use resource enthusiastically recommended for anyone who wants to enjoy the benefits of home-cooked food but has little time to spend - especially parents seeking to feed their children nutritious meals while balancing that responsibility with a demanding job!"
-- Midwest Book Review
“If you’d rather spend an evening catching up on your favourite soaps than peeling spuds, Cook Express is for you…home cooking has never been so easy!”
“When time is short it can be all too easy to resort to supermarket ready meals, but Quick Cook is packed with over 700 quick and easy recipe ideas, from every day meals to food for friends."
-- Woman’s Weekly Book Choice
“If there was one book you could turn to which would be the answer to all your culinary conundrums, this would be it."
-- Woman’s Way
We are award-winning publishers for adults and children. We craft illustrated reference products – books, ebooks and apps – for people in over 100 countries and 60 languages. Founded in London in 1974 we are enormously proud to be the world's leading illustrated reference publisher.
Everything we make strives to be approachable, authoritative and beautifully illustrated.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Nov 29, 2011
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 96.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Dorling Kindersley Ltd
- Copyright © 2009, 2011 Dorling Kindersley Limited, London
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Super Speedy Suppers$0.99
- Healthy Suppers$0.99
- No-fuss Entertaining$0.99
- Easy Baking$0.99