DM1 - The Drum Machine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DM1 is an advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPad into a fun and creative beat making machine.
Easy and fast to use, loaded with 86 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 86 electronic drum kits. 21 classic vintage drum kits plus 65 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER frees your imagination with a smart use of the multi-touch screen. Just turn on and off steps in your sequence with the tip of your fingers to create cool beats, or unexpected rhythms!
2 - THE DRUM PADS simply lets you play and record the beat that tickles your fingers. No need to be a first-class drummer, automatic quantize does the work for you.
3 - THE MIXER for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Featuring settings for volume, pitch, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
4 - THE FX TRACKPADS a creative duo of FX trackpads to distort, modulate and transform your beats. The effects include: Overdrive, Reverb, Delay, Phaser, Formant, Texturizer, Robotizer, Filter, Dalek filter and Compressor.
5 - THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Fast and easy.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
• 86 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
• Samples Import from iPod Library, microphone, DropBox, AudioCopy and iTunes shared folder
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Time signature
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Mixer page with pitch, length and level rotary controls, pan controls, and custom drum kit per channel
• Automation Panel for a precise and intuitive control of any Mixer parameter over time
• Duo FX Trackpads for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
• FX per track
• FX automation (FX parameters and FX per pattern)
• 9 Big Drum pads, quantized recording and pitch-bend ribbon
• Pitch-bend ribbon automation
• Mode song with intuitive editing
• High-quality export to SoundCloud, DropBox, Facebook, email, iTunes shared folder or AudioCopy
• Separated tracks and AAC encoding export options
• The Randomizer tool
• Extra fast drum kit loading
• Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
• Audio background mode
• WIST synchronization technology by Korg for syncing 2 iPads/iPhones together
• Audiobus support
• Import & Export your song project (DropBox, Mail, iTunes folder)
• Full Midi implementation
Watch DM1 video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next DM1 update.
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : email@example.com
Powered by Fingerlab
What's New in Version 4.0.5
-Samples import AudioCopy bug fix
Updated, developer listened and fixed bug!
****update**** Jan 25th 2014.
I emailed the developer about the audio copy and paste bug with custom kits. They returned my email and said they would fix it. Only a couple of weeks later it's fixed! Thanks for the great support!
Dm1 is probably one of the best drum machine app on the ipad. It's broken though and has been for a long time. I like to make my own kits but it's difficult with audio copy/paste being broken. No matter where you try to past a sound it always replaces the first sound only. Since there is no sample preview either, it's next to impossible to make your own kit. Also in order to get it to midi sync properly you have to use a third party app because you can send midi to the dm1 port directly. When the developer decides to some day fix the audio copy paste issue, I'll increase my rating but people should know the truth.
One to Own
A great app for composing drums and percussion. The only things that I could ask for from this app is 64th note divisions, for rolls, drags, and flams. Also, the ability to put any kit piece on any "track", for things like three tom tracks, or two snares, or ride, ride bell, and ride edge, instead of being locked into kick on 1, snare on 2, hat on 3, etc.
One thing this app has that I wish other drum apps had: multitrack export. I don't know of another app that has it. That feature alone made it worth the cost for me.
Wonderful Sounding App w/ a lot of flaws
This is my favorite sounding drum machine, I also like the functionality it as well. But I basically have to play it by itself. I have a IPAD 2 and this app will not midi synch with anything. It will accept midi clock for about 4 bars and then it floats out of sync. If it's the master then it's even worse. It's not my ipad because all of my other apps sync perfectly. Funkbox sounds like crap compared to this but it will at least synch perfectly. If they ever get the midi implimatation working corretcly it would be a five star.