By Blueface Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Change your RPG sessions FOREVER!
Create the perfect atmosphere using Sound effects, environmental soundscapes, music tracks and make your life easier with our dice rolling system.
Tired of using music and some random sound fx from your player?
We got you covered!
DMDJ features a next-gen game audio engine that makes unique and never repetitive soundscapes. ecreate a vast amount of environmental scenes and sound fx, which will spice up your sessions and indulge your party into the world you have created for them. Choose the location, day or night setting, add some of the best sound fx around and choose the overall intensity level of the whole environment.
For example, with DMDJ you can create a horror mood by selecting the "Haunted Forest" environment preset, start at "low" intensity, change that to "medium" intensity and "night" while you are guiding your party to a crescendo and when ready, push the "high" intensity and play back a haunting "Distant Scream". That's awesome!
Moreover, DMDJ allows you to import your own music tracks and play them on top of all the soundscapes and fx. And to spoil you, we added a vast collection of tracks from professional composers. DMDJ ships with more than 100 tracks covering all relevant genres. Don't ask how we got the deal for the price - we were young and innocent!
Apart from helping you in setting up the perfect atmosphere for an immersive session, we also focus on dice rolling. DMDJ comes with a powerful and advanced dice system that can be completely customized to your needs. Even the most complicated dice throw is one touch away while you can trust our randomly generated results, just like the real dice, or make your custom weighted die to favor a situation.
Some of the Features:
1) Digital Storytelling was never so much fun. Connect your device to your Hi-Fi system and transform your room into a fantasy land. With DMDJ, your adventures come alive.
2) Hi-End Sound FX already used in famous movies and games. We licensed the best content for you, no more cheap sounding sessions. Plus, a dedicated team of sound designers will update the content over time, feeding your imagination and help you create beautiful stories to amaze your party.
3) More than 100 professionally composed video games music tracks from all relative genres, to build tension, emotion and epic epicness!
4) Highly sophisticated audio playback engine (we use true hi-end gaming audio algorithms). Smooth transition between high quality sounds, randomized environmental sound and a true high-end game engine, for the best audio playback possible on iOS.
5) Fast and intuitive interface with compelling graphics featuring intuitive colors and a fast, easy for the eyes, arrangement.
6) Three different Dice Throwing modes. "Quick" dice provides you with fast dice access and a sophisticated results matrix. "Advanced Formulas" allow the DM to create a vast combination of dice and bonuses. Finally "Custom" dice allows you to create your own custom made and weighted dice.
"Within seconds of downloading, I constructed a soundscape consisting of a crowded city street with imperial horns for music accompaniment. Color me surprised at the quality of the music that comes with DMDJ; I typically expect default music to be the musical equivalent of clip art, but this is not the case."
"DMDJ is the best solution I've found for engaging my table's senses to another level and the proof is in the pudding. The same players who thought music was distracting when I've used it in the past came to the table last week asking, 'What, we're not going to have music this week?'…and so DMDJ became a regular feature at my table."
"I like DMDJ a lot. It's easy to use, offers a lot of bang for the buck and might be a great app to add that additional oomph to your games."
What's New in Version 1.6
It’s true. We had been busy making greatness! And now, it’s time to pass that greatness to you!
It took time, thought and research, but we leveled up and created awesome features that will make your game reach a higher status!
Also, Cthulhu fans… you’re up for a big surprise!
Our campaign has ended and yours is just starting! Until the next update, live the adventure!
- Content: Fresh and exciting content. As always: No In-App Purchases, No Subscription. We work to take your adventures higher each time!
- 25+ exciting new environments. Cthulhu (Oh yes, chants and everything!), Travelling, Nature, Town and more...
- 100+ Sound Effects with variations, in the FX category. More Cthulhu (as you may have guessed), Spells, Special, etc. Plus a brand new Fight category!
- 35 awesome new music tracks to serve as the perfect soundtrack on your adventures.
- Master Mixer shortcut on the main page and 3 fast-access Master Volume states (Normal, Dim and Mute). Quickly mute or dim the sound in order to assist your storytelling better or raise attention to your voice.
- New FX Favorites List. Access directly from the FX menu. Now you can store your favorite FX on a quick list and have them ready at your disposal.
- Music is Re-Mastered. All music tracks included in DMDJ are now optimized for a better gameplay experience.
- Environmental & Weather presets are remixed. All environments have now a more consistent approach on playback, leading to a smoother experience.
- Display fix to support any given resolution.
- Massive code optimization.
- Various minor bug-fixes.
Use it every week
This app is pretty fantastic. The content is great and the price is perfect. Other similar apps have subscription fees which I am not a fan of. My only criticism is the app interface. It is much improved but still feels a bit confusing and very dated. I have to dig down into two layers of menus to find sound effects that I want. Again, this app is amazing, but I think the next update should focus on a complete revamp of the interface, throw it out and start from scratch. A tight modern ui would make turn this app into something every DM owns.
Snap shot not so hot
I got this for two reasons. The snap shot capturing music sounds etc for a quick chain effect. Also being able to add my own music was appealing. Sadly the snap shot effect doesn't work well. I made about 11 all together so could quickly select items. I was only able to do about 2 snap shots till it got stuck in a loop. Little disappointed.
This app is absolutely fantastic! It's the ONLY app of it's kind. I purchased 3 years ago, and the guys at Blueface games are STILL adding sounds and updates. If you run a tabletop game, you can add dimensions of immersion that would just be impossible otherwise.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 22, 2015
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 444 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Panagiotis Kouvelis
- © 2012 MediaFlake Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.