By Jean-François Leblanc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What is DnD Sheets?
DnD Sheets is a digital character sheet for the Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition and Pathfinder roleplaying games.
DnD Sheets’ features
•Carry an unlimited number of characters with you wherever you go.
•Integrated dice buttons for “on the fly” games where you don’t have your dices handy.
•Automatic recalculation of numeric variables accelerate gameplay and level ups and eliminates the risk of forgetting to update a value.
•Support for both D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder.
•Editable library of weapons, armors, spells and psionic powers.
•Editable skill list.
•Quick roll for attacks, damage, skill checks, saves, initiative, grapple checks, etc. Just tap the blue number and a roll is automatically made for you.
•Equip / Un-equip armors and shields with the tap of a button. The armor class updates instantly.
•Automatic calculation of character load with visual indicators when a load level is exceeded.
•Move inventory items between on character and off character storage with the tap of a button.
•Support for multi-class characters with up to six classes.
•Multiple notes page to let you enter any information about the campaign, current quests, NPCs, etc. Each notes page can include an image and links to web sites.
•Easy to use interface with intuitive lists. To add an line, simply tap the blank line. To delete a line, simply clear the name.
•Interface divided in the following “pages”: General, Skills, Features/Feats, Equipment, Inventory, Arcane Magic, Divine Magic, Psionic, Notes, Effects tracker.
•A simple effects tracker lets you keep a list of active effects, spells casts, etc and the number of rounds remaining for each.
•An auto save feature saves your character whenever you change page or when you close the application.
•Easy character cloning. Simply change the character name and save.
•Always have a clean sheet. No more messy sheets because of constant writing and erasing.
•Save money in the long run by saving on paper, ink, pencils, etc.
What's New in Version 1.4
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I haven't had enough time to complete every changes and features I promised but enjoy this update while I keep on improving the app.
== Version 1.4 ==
- Fixed a problem preventing to view weapon details in the library.
- Fixed a display problem in landscape orientation with iOS 5.1.
- Moved carrying capacity to the bottom of the inventory page.
- Changed race field placeholder text from "Select a race" to "Enter character race" until race library is implemented.
- Added spell resistance, damage reduction and other protections to the general page.
- Added a security backup feature. After any successful save, a backup save of the character is created. This will reduce the risk of corrupting a character file if a crash occurs. The file is accessible through iTunes file sharing.
- Added a misc field for psionic points per day to put bonus points given by an object.
- Added quick roll to weapon damage. Recognizes double weapons such as staves and two-bladed swords which can have two different attacks on each end.
- Fixed a bug where CMD misc modifier was loaded with CMB misc modifier instead.
- Added character protrait which can be loaded from the iPad's photo library or from the camera.
- Added the possibility to have multiple notes pages.
- Added the possibility to add an image to each note page taken from the iPad's photo library or from the camera.
- Added internet links support to the notes page. When the keyboard is dismissed, the page now becomes read only and auto detects internet addresses in the text. A button has been added to enable editing of the text which also disables links detection.
Best Character Sheet App
I think the title says it all. Is it perfect? Nope, but then what is? There are several improvements I'm could name, but I'll wait until there's a new update to see if they have been addressed.
One thing I DO want to suggest is in regards to Bonus Spells/Day for high stats. My group uses this Character Sheet for MULTIPLE game genre. And as such, if a character's stat rises above a 50, the bonus spells function goes completely wonky! One imagines that a character would NOT get 9000 bonus 1st Level spells w/a 52 Intelligence. LoL
Really well done.
This is a very well done. Super useful and clearly the best out there to date. It does a lot of stuff automagically. It's very well thought-out for gameplay.
I only have one issue which is that the "Inventory" page appears to have redrawing problems for it's items when you scroll. Things disappear from view leaving an empty space. I have tried creating new sheets and reinstalling the app without a change.
My feature requests are:
- A way to export or email a standard format character sheet as a .pdf file so that there is an elegant way to send a copy to a GM would be hugely helpful.
- A way to see just the spells you have chosen for a day and then check them off as you use them.
- A more detailed manual/help page would also be very helpful especially if it detailed how it was auto-calculating fields.
Awesome so fare
I love this app so far, though it could use a few tweaks. Under weapons can we have a magic quality damage field? When I put it on base damage (i.e. 1d8+1d6) the second dice always rolls a 1 as if I had typed in (1d8 +1).
Also, more of a wish list item. If you can put in the mundane equipment with costs and have the option to "go shopping" where it gives your gold total. Though you would probably want to have a "finished shopping" to calculate the expense all at once...