Animation & Drawing by Do Ink
By DK Pictures, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Featured – App Store Essentials: Painting & Drawing ***
*** Featured – App Store: Middle School Apps - Art ***
*** Editor's Choice Award – Children's Technology Review ***
"Probably the best animation iPad app we have had the pleasure of using. Like all the best iPad apps, its simplicity is a key strength. Regardless of your skill level DoInk, with its powerful vector tools, key framing and bezier curve editing should keep you entertained for some time to come." – iPadCreative
"… an easy-to-use, fairly powerful… vector based animation experience for the iPad...If you like to introduce a child to the principles of animation, this app is definitely worth the download." – Children's Technology Review
"… incredible app that brings sophisticated graphic arts tools to any child, anywhere." –Teachers with Apps
"one of those amazing apps that really gets the wheels in their brains turning as they try to master this powerful animating tool… for a movie… or presentation at school-be it science or history – Mindleap Tech
Key Features & Benefits:
• easy-to-use, yet powerful vector drawing tools
• simple enough for doodlers, with advanced features for skilled artists
• flipbook-style animating – great for beginning animators
• keyframe animating – graduate to powerful animation techniques
• drag your finger to create motions paths – easy to make sophisticated animations
• make H.264 movies & PNG images – view on your iPad or save to the camera roll
• extensive collection of reusable art "props" (static and animated)
• extensive documentation embedded in the app
• create frame-by-frame animations or single-frame vector artwork
• powerful vector-based drawing tools, with automatic curve smoothing
• paint brush, pen, pencil, and fill tools for freehand drawing
• geometric shape tools (rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, flower shapes)
• transform/scale/rotate/arrange tools
• advanced bezier shape editing
• custom color palette
• gradients colors
• drawing layers
• rotoscoping: draw or trace over images and videos
• grouped shapes
• two-finger pan and zoom for precise drawing
• frame "ghosting"
• snap-to-grid, snap-to-paths, snap-to-points
• drag & drop your drawings to place on canvas
• easy-to-use key-framing for timing, position, rotation and scale
• intuitive timeline (similar to iMovie or GarageBand)
• nest compositions within compositions for complex animation effects
• adjustable frame rates, up to 30 fps
• animations rendered in H.264 on your iPad
• drawings rendered to PNG format
• save to the Camera Roll for easy sharing to YouTube, e-mail, etc.
• Support for HD (16 x 9), standard definition (4 x 3), and square (1 x 1) aspect ratios
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art, the Green Screen by DoInk app, featured in iTunes as a "Best New App in Education" and Doink Express app for creating animated clips using photos, drawings, art "props", animations and sound.
Please send any suggestions and/or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Art by Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter http://www.priscillaalpaugh.com
What's New in Version 4.2
Rotoscoping! Draw or trace over images and videos in the drawing editor. The new asset layers tool lets you use images and videos as drawing templates. In addition, you can now designate inactive "scratch" layers in the drawing editor, making it easy to sketch out a rough draft of a drawing or animation, and then non-destructively draw over it to produce the finished artwork.
New in version 4.1:
• Save your Animation & Drawing projects to Dropbox or Google Drive, and import them back into the app at any time. This is a great way to archive your projects and to share them with others.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you like Animation & Drawing by Do Ink, please take a couple of minutes and give us a good review. As an indie app developer, great word-of-mouth recommendations mean the world to us. Thanks for your support!
Rotoscoping?! Wow!! Sound next, pretty please? :)
Guys, this is the first (and I believe only) app that lets use trace over video (rotoscoping). The app intelligently adjusts the frames to whatever frame rate you set, so you could do a quick, rougher animation, or a very smooth, detailed trace. Amazing feature!! And an unexpected one! This app continues to get more powerful and useful with each update. It is truly becoming the stand-out animation app on the app store. Right now, the complete lack of sound support is its only drawback. Both the drawing (so you can do frame by frame lip sync) and the composition (so you can add effects, music, etc.) editors badly need sound support. Hopefully a future update! Until then, keep up the amazing work. This app is truly incredible.
Best Animation App! Easy enough for kids, robust enough for more serious projects.
I have used most if not all of the animation apps available for the iPad and Do Ink is by far the best.
The selection, path, drawing, and transform tools are great. The ability to use layers allows for complicated drawings that you can animate and change easily. You can even add video layers to rotoscope which in itself makes for really cool animations, but also serves as an incredible learning tool.
I use this app along with the Green Screen by Do Ink with 5th graders and they are able to figure it out quickly. It’s very easy to take drawings and compositions and integrate them with other apps to make really cool finished products.
Do Ink seems to come out with regular updates and bug fixes and always responds to emails if you have questions.
Some have mentioned that they have experienced crashes. I have had the app freeze up from time to time on some iPads when drawings or compositions get too large. I really think this is more a result of the particular iPad's limitations in terms of processing speed or available memory and not any flaw in the app.
This app is outstanding!
This animation/drawing app had caught my eye a while back as I tried looking around for better animation apps, I stumbled across this one and was intrigued by it so I set out to buy it and all previous expectations were thrown out the window this went above and beyond what I was originally expecting the vector drawing and rotoscoping is amazing and as someone who is trying to be an animator in the near future this app has helped me broaden my horizons with different mediums! The only down side is no audio feature but I just import the video file when done into IMovie I hope for any more future updates and am surprised not many more people know about the app 10/10
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 08, 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DK Pictures, Inc.
- © 2015 DK Pictures, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.