Animation & Drawing by Do Ink
By DK Pictures, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Featured – App Store Essentials: Painting & Drawing ***
*** Featured – App Store: Middle School Apps - Art ***
*** Editor's Choice Award – Children's Technology Review ***
"Probably the best animation iPad app we have had the pleasure of using. Like all the best iPad apps, its simplicity is a key strength. Regardless of your skill level DoInk, with its powerful vector tools, key framing and bezier curve editing should keep you entertained for some time to come." – iPadCreative
"… an easy-to-use, fairly powerful… vector based animation experience for the iPad...If you like to introduce a child to the principles of animation, this app is definitely worth the download." – Children's Technology Review
"… incredible app that brings sophisticated graphic arts tools to any child, anywhere." –Teachers with Apps
"one of those amazing apps that really gets the wheels in their brains turning as they try to master this powerful animating tool… for a movie… or presentation at school-be it science or history – Mindleap Tech
Key Features & Benefits:
• easy-to-use, yet powerful vector drawing tools
• simple enough for doodlers, with advanced features for skilled artists
• flipbook-style animating – great for beginning animators
• keyframe animating – graduate to powerful animation techniques
• drag your finger to create motions paths – easy to make sophisticated animations
• make H.264 movies & PNG images – view on your iPad or save to the camera roll
• extensive collection of reusable art "props" (static and animated)
• extensive documentation embedded in the app
• create frame-by-frame animations or single-frame vector artwork
• powerful vector-based drawing tools, with automatic curve smoothing
• paint brush, pen, pencil, and fill tools for freehand drawing
• geometric shape tools (rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, flower shapes)
• transform/scale/rotate/arrange tools
• advanced bezier shape editing
• custom color palette
• gradients colors
• drawing layers
• rotoscoping: draw or trace over images and videos
• grouped shapes
• two-finger pan and zoom for precise drawing
• frame "ghosting"
• snap-to-grid, snap-to-paths, snap-to-points
• drag & drop your drawings to place on canvas
• easy-to-use key-framing for timing, position, rotation and scale
• intuitive timeline (similar to iMovie or GarageBand)
• nest compositions within compositions for complex animation effects
• adjustable frame rates, up to 30 fps
• animations rendered in H.264 on your iPad
• drawings rendered to PNG format
• save to the Camera Roll for easy sharing to YouTube, e-mail, etc.
• Support for HD (16 x 9), standard definition (4 x 3), and square (1 x 1) aspect ratios
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art, the Green Screen by DoInk app, featured in iTunes as a "Best New App in Education" and Doink Express app for creating animated clips using photos, drawings, art "props", animations and sound.
Please send any suggestions and/or feedback to email@example.com
Art by Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter http://www.priscillaalpaugh.com
What's New in Version 4.5
• Export all frames in a drawing sequence to the Photo Library or to a GZIP archive in a single operation.
• Export drawing sequences as SVG files.
• Export to and import from more locations using standard iOS activity views.
I downloaded this a while back and immediately disregarded it because I was stupid at the time... didn't try it long enough to give it a chance. I recently downloaded it again because I was a little dissatisfied with Sketchbook Move and HOLY SH*T.... playing around with this app made me realize how powerful this app is. You've got flash animation on an iPad and vector capabilities of Illustrator.
This App is severely underrated and I'm surprised not a lot of people have rated or used it all this time.
Using this app a lot now, there's some stuff that would be great to fix or add!
- crashes or freezes a bit! For example, using undo sometimes causes app to freeze up, crash, and wipe out the work I've done. I've lost a bit of work with this happening! Stability fixes could make work progress more efficient :)
- is there a way to join 2 separate anchor points? If not, can they be added in?
- importing of videos so that we can draw on videos!
- ability to rearrange frames on timeline of drawing canvas clicking, holding, then moving!
- ability to export as gif file!
- opacity options would be awesome to be able to animate in composition
- ability to change the point of rotation would open up sooooo much possibilities for animating, like puppeting!
And still, 5 stars despite these minor setbacks. This app has so much potential!
My favorite iPad Pro animation app!
There so many great things about this app that I just love! There's the Apple Pencil support, multi-layered frames, gradients, grouping, flower tool, polygon tool, locking layers, importing photos for reference, clip tags, etc. It's the closest thing to Flash on the iPad. It's great for drawing too, if your just not in the animation mood.
To the Do Ink developers, thank you so much for the new export options. It's so much easier to use now. I found a small problem though. Please fix the PNG tranparency for ALL FRAMES export. The background comes out white. Also, please consider allowing us to import images to use in our animations, and not just as a reference. If I could do that, I wouldn't have a need for my other animation apps. Thank you!
This is the first animation app I've seen in over 20 years that is intuitive, thoroughly documented, and full featured. The tools are unusually powerful, modern, lean and well thought out. All wrapped in an approachable child-friendly interface. This is exactly the kind of empowering software that Steve Jobs created Apple for. I'm just shaking with excitement over all the great things I'm going to create with this!
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 08, 2017
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 33.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DK Pictures, Inc.
- © 2015 DK Pictures, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.