Animation & Drawing by Do Ink
By DK Pictures, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Featured – App Store Essentials: Painting & Drawing ***
*** Featured – App Store: Middle School Apps - Art ***
*** Editor's Choice Award – Children's Technology Review ***
"Probably the best animation iPad app we have had the pleasure of using. Like all the best iPad apps, its simplicity is a key strength. Regardless of your skill level DoInk, with its powerful vector tools, key framing and bezier curve editing should keep you entertained for some time to come." – iPadCreative
"… an easy-to-use, fairly powerful… vector based animation experience for the iPad...If you like to introduce a child to the principles of animation, this app is definitely worth the download." – Children's Technology Review
"… incredible app that brings sophisticated graphic arts tools to any child, anywhere." –Teachers with Apps
"one of those amazing apps that really gets the wheels in their brains turning as they try to master this powerful animating tool… for a movie… or presentation at school-be it science or history – Mindleap Tech
Key Features & Benefits:
• easy-to-use, yet powerful vector drawing tools
• simple enough for doodlers, with advanced features for skilled artists
• flipbook-style animating – great for beginning animators
• keyframe animating – graduate to powerful animation techniques
• drag your finger to create motions paths – easy to make sophisticated animations
• make H.264 movies & PNG images – view on your iPad or save to the camera roll
• extensive collection of reusable art "props" (static and animated)
• extensive documentation embedded in the app
• create frame-by-frame animations or single-frame vector artwork
• powerful vector-based drawing tools, with automatic curve smoothing
• paint brush, pen, pencil, and fill tools for freehand drawing
• geometric shape tools (rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, flower shapes)
• transform/scale/rotate/arrange tools
• advanced bezier shape editing
• custom color palette
• gradients colors
• drawing layers
• rotoscoping: draw or trace over images and videos
• grouped shapes
• two-finger pan and zoom for precise drawing
• frame "ghosting"
• snap-to-grid, snap-to-paths, snap-to-points
• drag & drop your drawings to place on canvas
• easy-to-use key-framing for timing, position, rotation and scale
• intuitive timeline (similar to iMovie or GarageBand)
• nest compositions within compositions for complex animation effects
• adjustable frame rates, up to 30 fps
• animations rendered in H.264 on your iPad
• drawings rendered to PNG format
• save to the Camera Roll for easy sharing to YouTube, e-mail, etc.
• Support for HD (16 x 9), standard definition (4 x 3), and square (1 x 1) aspect ratios
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art, the Green Screen by DoInk app, featured in iTunes as a "Best New App in Education" and Doink Express app for creating animated clips using photos, drawings, art "props", animations and sound.
Please send any suggestions and/or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Art by Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter http://www.priscillaalpaugh.com
What's New in Version 4.4.1
• Fixed a crash in the brush tool on iPads running iOS 8. Sorry about that!
New in version 4.4:
• Support for Apple Pencil pressure sensitivity to create variable-width brush strokes.
• Improved palm rejection with Apple Pencil.
• Minor bug fixes and improvements.
It's like the best parts of Flash but far less expensive
Having been a long-time Flash animator, I searched in vain for an app with its timeline and keyframe workflow... until I found this one. It's the first and only I've seen that provides layering on a timeline with ability to auto-tween between keyframes and export to HD video. Even the "movie clip" and "graphic clip" concepts translate over into Compositions and Drawings. Nested compositions are automatically linked and updated. The ability to do frame by frame animations in a clip and set the speed is here, too. Motion tweening is even easier with just a drag of the finger/stylus. Are there drawbacks? Yeah, a few. No audio support. (Bummer.) So you'll have to re-synchronize any SFX or narration using a video editing app. I'd also like to see the text tool be able to be used within a drawing object and not just a composition. (Just a tad of a pain to have to create a drawing object and a composition object just to get text together with a drawing.) Another nice feature might be importing PNG imagery into the drawing frames as visible, not just guides (though the ability to do guide layers is certainly helpful, too.) Overall, for how little this app costs, it's a gem and well on its way to being my complete Flash animation replacement.
Love this App & Responsiveness of the Team
I LOVE this App - it is VERY powerful, and I love to use it with my students. (I am an elementary art teacher). Yesterday I was worried that all of a sudden it was crashing when using the brush tool. I contacted them, and they had already submitted an update to Apple. It was fixed today. Nobody's perfect - this app is near perfect, and the responsiveness of their team is what makes me trust them to keep it that way. Thank you! ps, I recently discovered that you can begin by tracing directly over an image, or even rotoscope a video clip.
I love it!
I love this app so I can make undertale animations! But please pleas PLEASE add music! That will help a lot..But awesome app thank u!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 11, 2016
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DK Pictures, Inc.
- © 2015 DK Pictures, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.