Do Ink Animation & Drawing
By DK Pictures, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Featured - App Store Essentials: Painting & Drawing
**Editor's Choice Award - Children's Technology Review
"Probably the best animation iPad app we have had the pleasure of using. Like all the best iPad apps, its simplicity is a key strength. Regardless of your skill level DoInk, with its powerful vector tools, key framing and bezier curve editing should keep you entertained for some time to come." - iPadCreative
Key Features & Benefits
• easy-to-use, yet powerful vector drawing tools
• simple enough for doodlers, with advanced features for skilled artists
• flipbook-style animating - great for beginning animators
• keyframe animating (Flash-like) - graduate to powerful animation techniques
• create motions paths by dragging your finger - easy to make sophisticated animations
• publish H.264 movies & PNG images - view on your iPad or share to YouTube
• extensive collection of reusable art "props" (static and animated)
• create frame-by-frame animations or single-frame vector artwork
• vector paint brush (with powerful vector-based drawing modes)
• curve smoothing
• fill tool
• geometric shape tools (rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, flower shapes)
• transform/scale/rotate/arrange tool
• advanced bezier shape editing
• custom color palette
• 10x zoom for precise drawing
• two-finger pan and zoom
• frame 'ghosting'
• drag & drop your drawings to place on canvas
• easy-to-use key-framing for timing, position, rotation and scale
• intuitive timeline (similar to iMovie or GarageBand)
• nest compositions within compositions for complex animation effects
• opacity control
• animations rendered in H.264 on your iPad
• drawings rendered to PNG format
• export directly to your Mac or PC via iTunes
• save to the "Saved Photos" album for easy sharing to YouTube and e-mail
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art and Doink Express app for creating animated clips using photos, drawings, art "props", animations and sound.
Please send any suggestions and/or feedback to email@example.com
Art by Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter http://www.priscillaalpaugh.com
What's New in Version 3.0.1
• Set the number of ghost frames in the drawing editor.
• Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
• All the great new features from version 3.0, including photo imports and text!
If you like DoInk and would like to see more updates, please give us a positive review in iTunes every time an update comes out. Thank you for your support!
Edit: after spending some time working with this app I have found a serious flaw. It tends to lag considerably when trying to draw complex images, even on one frame. In my case it were leaves on a tree. Had similar lag issues on less complex images as well. Sometimes it would take a minute to fill a small area. I'll keep it at four stars but if this continues I might have to reevaluate my rating. Still a lot of fun... minus the hair-pulling lag.
This is the first app I've ever felt compelled to review. From someone who has animated with flash and other professional animation programs I found this extremely user friendly. It's simplicity masks a powerful tool for everyone from beginner to serious hobbyist. The only thing missing for that last star (and this is me just dreaming of a perfect world) is the ability to use audio... and maybe a palm pad... I like to rest my hand when drawing. Over all I'd have to say its the best animation app I've used, including the ones from "big name" producers. But seriously, I would pay for it again if that meant an audio feature. Just saying :)
Clay Animation Network
I tried over 10 apps to find DOINK. It is the most user friendly and robust iPad animation app out there to date. Presently we teach using the iPad app to over 500 students per year. The new interface has integrity and easy workflow. We have thoroughly tested DOINK for over 2 years and it's holds it's ground with children as young as 7 all the way through high school. I often wonder why it's only $5?!! The compositions feature is the most dynamic because you can construct characters and worlds and repeat them in other movies. Thank you DOINK developers! You all rock!! Lukas Allenbaugh - Clay Animation Network - Seattle WA
Good but need more updates
Well all I can say is that it is simple, clean and easy to use. It's simplicity is both it's strength and weakness. I am no professional animator just a teen looking to make his own drawings come to life so I hope my review helps. I think it is good for those just entering into the animation field for a hobby but over time you will realize what it is lacking. Developers, please include a way to have it so that you can zoom in and out so the zooming effects would take place in the animation. Plus can you make it so there is no white border around the colored animation. Thank you developers for this app.