Doc of the Bay
By Wayman Ng
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You're all ready to sit on the dock of the bay and watch the tide roll away... but wait, you have some documents you have to review. You don't want to drag your laptop along. You just want to quickly load your iPad with the documents and go. We have the perfect solution for you. Introducing Doc of the Bay, our app for viewing documents. The app currently supports these formats:
- iWork documents
- Microsoft Office documents (Office ‘97 and newer) (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pps, .ppt)
- Rich Text Format documents (.rtf)
- PDF files (.pdf)
- Images (.png, .jpg, .bmp, .gif, .tiff)
- Text files (.txt)
- Comma-separated value files (.csv)
- Audio files (.mp3)
- Video files (.mov, .mp4)
How to load your documents:
1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Run iTunes.
3. Find and select your device on the left side of iTunes.
4. Click on the "Apps" tab along the top (where you see the "Summary" and "Info" tabs).
5. Scroll down to the bottom part of the screen to the "File Sharing" section.
6. Click on "Doc of the Bay" under the "Apps" column and you'll see "Doc of the Bay Documents" on the right.
7. Drag and drop into this area, the documents that you want loaded on your device, or use the "Add…" button to load those documents.
8. If the app is currently running on your device, press the refresh button at the lower left corner of the Documents list screen. You should then see all the files you just loaded through iTunes.
9. Make sure you have all the documents you need and that they are viewable on the device.
You are now ready to sit on the dock of the bay and watch the tide roll away.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Recovers better from reading bad file.
If you are looking for a convenient way to view documents of various types, this has to be one of the best. The power and versatility is amazing built on a small footprint with clean and simple design!
The only suggestion I have is to add support of file folders for organizing documents purposes.