By Raffael Hannemann
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Just keep your iPhone in your pocket.
DockPhone lets you make calls right from your Mac.
Speak freely via the microphone of your computer.
We developed DockPhone because we wanted to have a real phone app on the Mac.
As known from TechCrunch, LifeHacker, MacRumors, ifun and others!
To start a call, type or speak any number or a name. DockPhone lets you search in your contacts, or dial arbitrary phone numbers. Hit the Dial button and enjoy your phone call.
NOTE: Make sure you meet the requirements listed below. Otherwise DockPhone won't work for you. We have listed several troubleshooting tips on our Help site (see the links on the right). You will also find contact information to receive additional support!
Oh, and check out the beautiful Today widget you'll get with this app!
Re-dial your most recent contacts with just one click!
This app requires to have both iOS 8.1 on your iPhone and OS X Yosemite (10.10) on your Mac installed. Your devices must meet the Continuity requirements to work with this app:
- iPhone with iOS 8.1 or newer installed
- Mac with OS X Yosemite installed
- FaceTime activated with the same iCloud account on both the Mac and the iPhone
- FaceTime set as the default for calls
- Your iPhone carrier may charge for the phone calls.
What's New in Version 1.1
We have added the following features:
– Global shortcut: You can specify a keyboard shortcut to bring DockPhone to front.
– Menu Bar Icon: You can specify if you'd like a menu bar icon, a dock icon, or both.
– Support for special characters and umlauts: é, è, ë, etc.
– Search for nicknames: You can now search for 'Mom', 'Honey', etc.
(Open the Preferences to enable/disable the new features)
– Visit weareYeah.com/DockPhone/help
We have fixed the following bugs:
– Some sudden crashes while searching for contacts
– Doubled digits with 'Enhanced Dictation' mode enabled in System Preferences
What we are currently working on:
– iOS companion app with HandOff integration and synchronized Recent Calls.
If you'd like to support us, leave a nice rating on the Mac App Store :-).
Follow @DockPhone for updates.
Hi, You need to add a feature that when the iTunes is playing, you need to pause the music, as Skype, and as soon as the call ends, you play it again. Also, there is a bug that when the Skype is your default phone app under the Mac settings, your software doesn’t work. You need to fix that and call FaceTime instead the default Phone app
had trouble off an don for first two weeks. then just stopped working. i have iphone 6 and 1 month(2016) old imac desktop. fully loaded. i have not found any better alternative to this app i’m afraid.
No funtionality here...
This app does not add any functionality that is not already available by opening Contacts and clicking call by the number you want to call… Also, search in this app is clunky compared to the Contacts app.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 14, 2015
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Raffael Hannemann
- © 2014 Raffael Hannemann
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor