Docs2Go - from the experts at Florida Hospital for Children
By Florida Hospital for Children
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Health problems and parenting issues can arise at any time, and often when you already have enough on your plate. What should you do if your child develops a fever, cough, rash, sore throat or head injury? How is the best way to handle behavioral issues, from toilet training to teaching responsibility to teenagers? These are questions and concerns that all parents have.
Docs2Go from Florida Hospital for Children is designed to address these challenges, even at crucial times when your doctor’s office is closed. This app doesn’t take evenings or weekends off.
Consult our Pediatric Symptom Checker to learn more about illnesses and injuries on the go, and turn to our First Aid Helper to make quick, smart decisions for emergency relief. For all this, as well as a wealth of parenting advice and medication guides, the answers are all here, in your own hands.
Docs2Go is derived from the clinical protocols used by pediatricians and nurses in 10,000 practices and 400 nurse advice call centers in the US and Canada. They have been tested for 15 years on more than 15 million symptom calls. Rest assured that you can trust the advice and instruction in your child’s time of need.
The application’s 145 Parent Advice topics deal with the most common behavior, nutrition and wellness questions parents ask their physicians. Accompanying each topic is a description of the issue, three to five specific recommendations to address the concern, and additional resources that may be useful to your situation.
Symptom Checker Features
Easy 3-step navigation:
1. Search and select the symptom from any of our three indices: alphabetical index, body area index, or keyword search
2. Use the symptom care chart to learn more and find the recommended action
3. Follow the self-care advice to make your child more comfortable
Content - each symptom care guide contains:
* Definition describing the selected symptom so you can decide if it’s a good fit for your problem. If not, there are quick links to related guidelines.
* Decision Chart helping determine what action is suggested based on the severity and description of your symptom. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as Call 911, Call Your Child’s Doctor Now, Call Your Child’s Doctor within 24 hours or Manage at Home.
* Immediate Connections to medical help, such as 911, your child’s doctor or nearby Emergency Department (ER) are available if you have phone service.
* Home Care Advice is available for any illnesses and injuries that can be treated at home. The instructions provide clear, up-to-date steps for relieving symptoms.
* Medication and Allergy List for tracking important information about your family’s prescriptions and/or over the counter medications.
* First Aid topics, instructions and illustrations to support immediate action, if needed.
* Pediatric dosage tables by weight for common over-the-counter medications.
* Visual images to help you identify symptoms (e.g. rashes), injuries and common causes of bites & stings.
Disclaimer: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical or behavioral advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think your child may have a medical emergency, call the doctor or 911 immediately. Before using Docs2Go, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application within More > Terms and Conditions.
What's New in Version 1.2
*22 New Care Guides- including Ebola Exposure
*First Aid Launches from When to Call
*Causes Section- Enhanced
*Alternate Care Guide Titles
*Care Guides listed in Multiple Body Areas
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 04, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adventist Health Systems - Sunbelt Inc.
- © 2012 Self Care Decisions, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.