Doctor Who Infinity is a new game platform for experiencing the Doctor's stories, with 6 adventures coming by the end of 2018.
Unique puzzle game play changes from level to level with increasing complexity, where characters like the Doctor, Missy, Jo Grant appear on the board, as do opponents like Daleks, bombs, vehicles, and time vortexes. You have never played anything like this before. The game design is an innovation on the award-winning puzzle mechanic used in Doctor Who: Legacy with the mechanics tightly intertwined with story, immersing you in the story.
- FREE download of the game allows you to play the introductory arc of the first story as well as an introductory section of all stories released on the platform.
- Each story features a different Doctor from a different era of the show, including both modern and classic Doctors, companions, monsters as well as entirely new characters to discover!
- Brought to life by Michelle Gomez, Ingrid Oliver, Katy Manning, Bella Ramsey, Celyn Jones, Steffan Rhodri, Nick Briggs and other incredible actors, as part of an amazing audio experience overseen by the award-winning audio director of Monument Valley, Stafford Bawler.
- Each story is written by major Doctor Who author: George Mann, Gary Russell, Scott Handcock (launch stories) and Jac Rayner, Mike Collins in post launch stories coming soon.
- Comic book artists Mike Collins, David Roach, Neil Edwards, Dylan Teague, Kris Carter, John-Paul Bove, Emma Vieceli, Patrick Goddard bring these launch stories richly to life.
PLEASE NOTE that this game is aimed at the adult Doctor Who fan, comfortable with mature, dramatic themes.
Accolades / Reviews:
**Winner of UK Game of Show at Game Developer Conference 2018 from UKIE!**
Doctor Who Magazine says "These are the best Doctor Who stories ever told in a video game".
“The game was stimulating visually, audibly and mentally. I really enjoyed the story telling. It felt like the sort of thing one might see in the actual television program... It was a really unique puzzle experience that I've not seen utilised in other games.”
-The Gallifrey Times
“Overall, The Dalek Invasion of Time is a fantastic start to Doctor Who Infinity. ...While the gameplay is more refreshing than what we’ve seen in Doctor Who Legacy, it’s the story and the presentation that’s the main draw for this series.”
"On the board you’ll have to battle Dalek gems, protect character gems, deploy character gems, etc...It’s an interesting tactic in a gem game, and it’s, dare I say, revolutionary?"
- Geeks WorldWide
Ratings and Reviews
Poor Performance on iPhone
Ive been waiting forever for this game but cant play it at all on my iPhone X. Could be something Im doing and Ive looked everywhere on youtube and cant find anything. Ive cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled game app with no success. ;ubut I remember even Legacy had issues on the iPhone. I had no audio for months after an update. I think Tiny Rebel does a great job if you play on a PC and Androids but their games just dont run well on Apple devices. Color me disappointed😔
Impossible if mildly colour-blind
Just got to the level with blue and purple gems, which look indistinguishable with my form of blue-green colour-blindness.
Or must I pay to unlock a ‘Colour-blind Mode’?
Great voice acting!
The game itself is your average match 3, but it’s just nice hearing Missy take charge of the narration. As a Whovian, it’s fun seeing the cutscenes, even though they take a while to load. Not bad overall.
- Tiny Rebel Games Limited
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- BBC logo © BBC 1996. Doctor Who logo and insignia © BBC 2018. Licensed by BBC Worldwide Limited trading as BBC Studios.
- In-App Purchases
- The Dalek Invasion of Time $4.99
- The Orphans of the Polyoptra $4.99
- The Lady of the Lake $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.