Documents 5 - Fast PDF reader and cloud download manager
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read, Listen, View, Annotate almost anything you want on your iPad and iPhone. Files, documents, books, any content is at home in Documents by Readdle.
App Store Editors' Choice in 70+ countries
"It's a tool that will help you stay better organised." - The Verge
"The app is super quick, it looks good and options are easy to locate and use." - The Next Web
"A surprising versatile app for consumers and businesses alike." - USA Today
Amazing attention to details, unmatched stability and design differs Documents from any app you have on the iPhone or iPad. You will use it constantly, at home, office, university or on the road, every single day.
Documents is the most capable application on your iOS device. It replaces a document viewer, pdf reader, download manager, "read it later" and bunch of other applications as the one elegant app.
Just have a look at the short list of things that Documents allows you to do. It's an app that makes your iPad and iPhone worth the price!
- View Office Documents
- Read and Annotate PDF files
- Search Inside Documents
- Edit Text Files
- Read Books and Articles
- Manage your files
- Copy Documents from Mac or PC
- Sync with iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and other Services
- Share Files with Your Friends
- Protect Everything with a Password
- Store Email Attachments
- Download Documents from the Web
- Save Web Pages to Read them Later
Documents is a must have app for your iPhone and iPad!
What's New in Version 5.5.5
+ Performance improvements and minor fixes.
Love Documents 5? If you have a moment to leave a review in the App Store we would really appreciate it!
I use this app mostly for editing long text files throughout the day using an iPod touch 6th gen with iOS 9.2. There are four problems I've experience with the text editor:
1. Whenever I return to editing the same text file, which I leave open all day, the text editor is where I left off, then suddenly scrolls up several screenful up, so I have to find where I was typing.
2. While editing, many times the keyboard DONE button disappears and I have found one way to get it back: by tapping on the top right up arrow and pressing cancel on the menu that drops down and then tapping on any text in my file. This brings the DONE button back.
3. The most recent problem was the sudden disappearance of that text file just after connecting my iPod touch to my windows 7 PC to do a backup with iTunes. Fortunately I had copied most of that text file to another app and didn't loose much.
4. The developers website recommends reinstalling when the app behaves not as it should. I have done this several times; but how many times will solve the unusual behavior for good. I cannot recommend this app and hesitate to purchase any of their other apps until these behaviors are corrected for good.
Please fix these. Thank you for an otherwise very full featured, well thought out text editor. I haven't even used it yet for its many other capabilities but I'm sure once the text editor is fixed I'll be inclined to rate it with more than one star.
Finally I can save files on my iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have two huge complaints when it comes to my iPhone and iPad.
1) There's no built in function where I can save files to my device. I understand there's storage issues and blah blah, but they could let me save things. (Perhaps there is a way that I'm ignorant of).
2). No freakin USB ports. There have been many occasions where I really could have used a USB port on my iPad. I'm sure there are 100 reasons why Apple decided to 86 the USB port, chief among them being the fact that they would be freely admitting that the device is not capable of doing everything that they say it can and that you may need external components to help it along. Basically saying "yes, we know it's not perfect so here's a way to get around that". Sort of the same reason they won't put a "kill all" button to shutdown every running app at once.
Anyway, the Documents app is freakin awesome because now I can save actual files on my devices! I no longer have to email myself a PDF file in order to have it available to me on my phone.
Maybe I'm and idiot though and everything I just said is totally wrong about the iOS devices. Be that as it may, this app filled a void in my phones abilities.
Perfect File Manager
As a file manager, Documents has plenty of features, including syntax highlighting, file compression, drag&drop and music playback. It works smoothly and opens large files quickly.
Supports a wide variety of cloud services. You can also transfer files between local systems on the same network. Star, unzip and import photos and videos from the camera roll. Sending multiple files as email attachments or compressing them into a single zip file is as simple as a few taps.
You can save webpages and convert them to PDF. The internal web browser offers a reliable download manager too. Downloads take place in the background, so you don't have to stop working on other things while the app is downloading. The file viewer works perfectly too. Converting simple text files into rich-text format and highlighting PDF files are supported. The player allows you to rewind and fast forward the song. You can also shuffle and replay tracks. It supports background playback now.
If you're looking for a full-featured file viewer, file manager and downloader, then you came to the right place.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2015
- Version: 5.5.5
- Size: 77.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Igor Zhadanov
- © 2008-2014 Readdle Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.