Documents 5 - Fast PDF reader and cloud download manager
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Read, Listen, View, Annotate almost anything you want on your iPad and iPhone. Files, documents, books, any content is at home in Documents by Readdle.
App Store Editors' Choice in 70+ countries
"It's a tool that will help you stay better organised." - The Verge
"The app is super quick, it looks good and options are easy to locate and use." - The Next Web
"A surprising versatile app for consumers and businesses alike." - USA Today
Amazing attention to details, unmatched stability and design differs Documents from any app you have on the iPhone or iPad. You will use it constantly, at home, office, university or on the road, every single day.
Documents is the most capable application on your iOS device. It replaces a document viewer, pdf reader, download manager, "read it later" and bunch of other applications as the one elegant app.
Just have a look at the short list of things that Documents allows you to do. It's an app that makes your iPad and iPhone worth the price!
- View Office Documents
- Read and Annotate PDF files
- Search Inside Documents
- Edit Text Files
- Read Books and Articles
- Manage your files
- Copy Documents from Mac or PC
- Sync with iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and other Services
- Share Files with Your Friends
- Protect Everything with a Password
- Store Email Attachments
- Download Documents from the Web
- Save Web Pages to Read them Later
Documents is a must have app for your iPhone and iPad!
What's New in Version 5.5.5
+ Performance improvements and minor fixes.
Love Documents 5? If you have a moment to leave a review in the App Store we would really appreciate it!
I use this app mostly for editing long text files throughout the day using an iPod touch 6th gen with iOS 9.2. There are four problems I've experience with the text editor:
1. Whenever I return to editing the same text file, which I leave open all day, the text editor is where I left off, then suddenly scrolls up several screenful up, so I have to find where I was typing.
2. While editing, many times the keyboard DONE button disappears and I have found one way to get it back: by tapping on the top right up arrow and pressing cancel on the menu that drops down and then tapping on any text in my file. This brings the DONE button back.
3. The most recent problem was the sudden disappearance of that text file just after connecting my iPod touch to my windows 7 PC to do a backup with iTunes. Fortunately I had copied most of that text file to another app and didn't loose much.
4. The developers website recommends reinstalling when the app behaves not as it should. I have done this several times; but how many times will solve the unusual behavior for good. I cannot recommend this app and hesitate to purchase any of their other apps until these behaviors are corrected for good.
Please fix these. Thank you for an otherwise very full featured, well thought out text editor. I haven't even used it yet for its many other capabilities but I'm sure once the text editor is fixed I'll be inclined to rate it with more than one star.
Best app ever BUT
The ONLY problem i could find is that there is no button for when something is playing and you exit out to return to it. For example if im playing a video or a song i might want to listen to it and still read something. So when i exit out the current thing playing is still running in the background but i have no way of accessing it and when i try to play a new song it doesn't change to the new song but what it does is play the new song i clicked with the other song still running in the background. Hopefully this can be changed to have a section where you can click a button for STREAMING ONLY without having to listen to music or decide to read.
So 1. Make a button that leads straight to the current audio/video streaming material.
2. Cut off background audio/video streaming when new audio/video Is selected.
Wonderful — Surprisingly Versatile
HEY READDLE — I'VE REVIEWED YOUR APP AND HAVE PURCHASED ALL OF THE ADD-ONS FOR IT — *PLEASE* STOP PESTERING TO REVIEW YOUR APP NOW.
Reads and organizes all of my text-based file types, and has syntax highlighting for some programming text file types (only tried with .cpp so far). With the purchase of PDF Expert, I unlocked (as far as I can tell) all of that apps functionality from within Documents, which is just great (especially because I really don't like the icon for PDF Expert, but I'm a snob about such things). I can even create and edit text files using Documents, which is handy in a pinch.
The only problem I've run into is with the Apple Pencil — it works as expected with every tool EXCEPT the free hand writing tools, which seems an odd oversight. I've tested it a few different times and for different documents, so I don't think there's an issue in my end (but would be happy to be wrong).
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2015
- Version: 5.5.5
- Size: 77.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Igor Zhadanov
- © 2008-2014 Readdle Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.