Documents To Go® Standard - Office Suite
By DataViz, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Work from anywhere: View, edit, and create Microsoft® Word & Excel® files and view PowerPoint® & Adobe PDF® files on your iOS device, with the original and #1 selling mobile Office suite of all time. Docs To Go Standard 5.0 contains best-in-class document viewing & editing, including save & sync options directly to your iOS device and to your desktop/laptop computer (Cloud Services support available in Docs To Go 'Premium'). Install on iPad & iPhone.
DOCS TO GO PREMIUM is also available with additional functionality: http://www.appstore.com/documentstogopremium
• Cloud sync support – Access, save, and sync files with cloud services: iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, and SugarSync.
• PowerPoint editing – Edit slide contents & formatting directly in your slides, including add & promote/demote bullets, sort slides, and edit/add speaker notes.
• $16.99; only $7.99 via in-app purchase in Docs To Go Standard. Open Docs To Go and tap 'Store' to proceed with in-app purchase steps.
THE DATAVIZ® ADVANTAGE
• Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile Office & productivity solutions for iOS, Mac, and more.
• Documents To Go, now in its 15th year, is currently preloaded on millions of devices around the world.
• InTact Technology™ retains original document formatting of edited files.
• Technical support is available via email by actual people in our home office & via our robust knowledgebase at DataViz.com.
RECENTLY ADDED IN STANDARD v5.0:
• iOS 7 optimized including AirDrop support.
• App redesign – Modernized user interface includes a refined file explorer, full screen document viewing mode and easy access to extensive editing and formatting options for supported files without sacrificing valuable screen real estate.
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing - Includes support for viewing charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more.
• iPad-optimized – Layout designed to take advantage of the larger screen real estate on iPad, including landscape and portrait views.
OVERALL STANDARD VERSION FEATURES:
• Universal app.
• View, edit, and create MS Word & Excel files (97-2013).
• View MS PowerPoint files (97-2013).
• View PDF, iWork, Text, .RTF files, and more!
• Send & receive supported email attachments using the built-in Mail app.
• Open & edit supported files within Docs To Go from any 3rd party app that supports the iOS "Open In" feature.
• File sorting manager (sort your file list by Name, Modified, Size, etc.)
• Supports iTunes File Sharing via USB cable for manually moving files.
FREE DESKTOP APPLICATION available for 2-way file sync via Wi-Fi - Sync & transfer files/folders in one, easy-to-use desktop app.
WORD TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Word (.doc, .docx) files
• Format font type, size, color, bold, italics, underline, and highlight text
• High fidelity viewing for embedded graphics, tables, comments, footnotes/endnotes, text boxes, table of contents, and hyperlinks
• Change paragraph alignment
• Edit and/or insert bullets and numbering
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find & replace
• Word count
• Open password protected Word 97-2008 files
SHEET TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Excel (.xls, .xlsx) spreadsheets
• Freeze panes
• Extensive cell & number formatting options, including: font type, size, color, alignment, fill, highlight, category, and decimal place)
• 111 functions supported
• Insert, delete, resize, hide/unhide rows & columns
• Rename, insert, and delete worksheets
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find/find next
• Open password protected Excel 97-2008 files
SLIDESHOW TO GO FEATURES:
• Thumbnail slide view
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing, including: charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more
• Open password protected PowerPoint 97-2013 files
• View PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx) files
• View speaker notes
PDF TO GO FEATURES:
• Pinch-to-zoom to desired PDF page size/width
• Open password-protected PDFs
What's New in Version 5.1.1
• Google Drive extension fix
• OneDrive setup fix
• Various stability fixes
Getting there... Eventually
As for all the criticism I and many others have given DTG, I just want to reiterate how incredibly useful and powerful a product it is, especially for a hand-held device. Sure, it has its flaws, but I've been managing much of a small business (with many personal uses as well) for several years and have yet to find another product that even comes close. So I hope it keeps improving and people keep purchasing it.
Once again, I can't believe that a spreadsheet viewed in landscape ends up with maybe one-third of the actual spreadsheet contents visible at a time, while other UI elements take up all the other space, with no way to collapse or hide those other elements and no full-screen option (other than the setting to open in full screen view mode, which just reverts to the normal view mode after entering edit mode). I'm not sure what the best solution would be, but I'd start with losing the extra, useless margin in the sheet selector, and possibly shrink the top bar and tool bar a little? And perhaps a way to intuitively hide and show certain UI elements?
What?! Cannot copy a cell or range of cells from one spreadsheet to another? Really??
Ability to star/unstar documents in Recent tab is GONE, yet files still seem to retain their previous starred status. PLEASE FIX.
Open In function has been restored.
Also, it seems odd that the top bar in the app is a bit higher than necessary.
A year later and not really much of an upgrade in terms of features, but some UI changes that may prove welcome in time. At least the app has still been solid for me, and Dropbox connection still works fine.
As for INSERT/DELETE spreadsheet rows and columns, the functions are still there, but just a little hidden: you need to tap and hold a row or column selector to access row/column editing options, but good luck if you have a short row or narrow column, in which case you'll probably just end up in row/column resizing mode, unless perhaps if you have tiny fingers.
As for the new sheet selector/tabs in the spreadsheet component, it's really nice to have quick access to worksheets, but then the tabs take up so much of minimal screen space (including the extra space under the tabs which seems wasted). A simple menu option or swipe gesture (or both) to show/hide the sheet selector would probably be a good solution.
Another seemingly POINTLESS ANNOYANCE is that the Cloud tab often randomly (?) reverts to the root directory, as if to just p*ss you off.
It is also unclear how the app determines which files to sync or how many subdirectory levels to check. It certainly doesn't scan and compare them all—likely to increase efficiency—but a file in another directory or subdirectory may have been opened via the very handy Recent tab and then modified, but then doesn't sync when selecting the Cloud tab, resulting in not-infrequent sync conflicts.
Another feature missing that is present in Excel is conditional formatting. What a welcomed addition to DTG that would be.
Do you know what the best thing about Quickoffice is? It generally makes me appreciate this product a lot more. Make that 3-AND-A-HALF stars... No, I'll even go FOUR. For now...
It's a little ridiculous that an entire folder, subfolders and files can't be synced in a one-step, manual process like every other Dropbox-connected app I have. The auto-sync of every folder on access really degrades usability. DataViz, please see "ReaddleDocs" and "GoodReader" for examples of Dropbox integration done right :)
Dropbox integration works fine for me, but the constant refreshing of content is SO annoying and inefficient. How about a setting for manual/auto refresh?
Also, the changes to the spreadsheet formula bar a few updates ago are somewhat detrimental to usability. 1. There is no longer an X in the text box to clear the contents in one step which was very handy. 2. The automatic expansion of the text box to multi-line is annoying and would be better if it expanded only when needed (content-dependent?). 3. The expanded text box in landscape makes it impossible to access other cells or navigate the sheet as was possible before.
Still no ability to create spreadsheet CELL BORDERS. Maybe if I asked nicely? Who knows?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 09, 2014
- Version: 5.1.1
- Size: 35.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: DataViz, Inc
- © 2013 DataViz, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Premium$7.99