A game by Dan + Lisa
As a rookie musher, foster a dogsledding team whose skills will grow if they're treated right. Week by week, get to know your dogs' unique traits, and carve your story into the trails of the Mount St. Something region.
Dog Sled Saga has a pick-up-and-play dogsled racing. Each dog's speed is hindered by hunger. Lob a limited supply of food to them to keep at full speed. Hazards on the track await.
By the time you reach the top league, you’ll need to:
- Budget monthly league expenses
- Hire and fire dogs
- Leverage fame to earn sponsorship deals
- Bring on employees for multitasking
- Breed puppies
- Pick-up-and-play racing
- Deep team management simulation
- Unique dogs with varying attributes and conditions
- True pixel-grid art style with frame-by-frame animation
- Multi platform save sync via Drive
-Limited time winter holiday art!
Dec. 13 - Jan. 3
-Several crash fixes
-Improved save error reporting
-Check for save errors before overwriting
Note regarding save issues - now, at worst, you will lose some progress on your save, instead of errors possibly making your save unloadable. Any save errors are now better reported to allow them to be fixed more easily!
Ratings and Reviews
Manage a team of ruff racers.
LOVE THIS GAME!!! Totally worth it.
Before, this game used to crash a TON. It was unbelievable. But now, the game never crashes anymore! The plot is super good as well, AND the dogs are so cute! I'm so glad they fixed it and now I can play all the time without being lagged out. I do have some suggestions:
1. More dog breeds. Although there are lots of variety, I think we need more types. Like: Collies, Greyhounds, Brozois, etc.
2. More faults, skills, favorites, and so on. There are only 12!!! The Distracted fault, which causes the dog to look around and to slow down quite a bit. ALSO, the Eagle Eye skill which notifies the rider of upcoming winds. For favorites, snow quality, obstacles, that stuff.
3. More types of sponsorships. So far, only three. For: Lodging, Dog Registration, Races with more money than others, stuff like that!!
4. More characters!! I personally love beating the Jerk, and I think adding a couple more character will make it more exciting. Or maybe even meeting the lost dog Aurora?! Perhaps our character will go to different countries and race?! And I beat him! Awesome.
...Aaaaand that's it! Just a couple to make the game even more exciting and stuff. I totally think you should get it! This game is so good, especially after the update. This is one game you'll never regret buying! So please, please, please, give them a great review and buy this SUPER AWESOME, EXCITING, ADORABLE GAME!
P.S. If I sound naive, sorry! 😆 I'm kinda crazy!
The game is promising at first in its depth, but ultimately you don't really need to take many of the factors such as personality traits, breed, or relationships with other dogs into account to easily win races and progress through the game. Options such as breeding seem to serve no purpose, and I never saw the need to hire more than one staff member, and that was just to make things a little more convenient. Same goes for upgrading the kennel size (except for the one required to get up to five dogs).
The side stories of Aurora and "the Jerk" also seem to be very anti-climatic. Particularly the one about Aurora, it just peeters out and has no bearing on gameplay. It should at least lead up to a goofy cut scene or something, which was typical of 8bit games if that era. Any type of "reward" is better than just having the story end.
Ultimately the game suffers from simplistic gameplay, in that despite all the options available there isn't enough challenge in the actual races to have any of the depth come into play so as to actually require any real strategy on the part of the player. I was able to easily progress through all leagues without putting any thought into anything.
It's a good looking game and all the mechanics are there, what the developer(s) need to focus on for their next offering is the actual gaming experience. But certainly not a bad effort here, and worth the few bucks.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.