Animation & Drawing by Do Ink
By DK Pictures, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Featured – App Store Essentials: Painting & Drawing ***
*** Featured – App Store: Middle School Apps - Art ***
*** Editor's Choice Award – Children's Technology Review ***
"Probably the best animation iPad app we have had the pleasure of using. Like all the best iPad apps, its simplicity is a key strength. Regardless of your skill level DoInk, with its powerful vector tools, key framing and bezier curve editing should keep you entertained for some time to come." – iPadCreative
"… an easy-to-use, fairly powerful… vector based animation experience for the iPad...If you like to introduce a child to the principles of animation, this app is definitely worth the download." – Children's Technology Review
"… incredible app that brings sophisticated graphic arts tools to any child, anywhere." –Teachers with Apps
"one of those amazing apps that really gets the wheels in their brains turning as they try to master this powerful animating tool… for a movie… or presentation at school-be it science or history – Mindleap Tech
Key Features & Benefits:
• easy-to-use, yet powerful vector drawing tools
• simple enough for doodlers, with advanced features for skilled artists
• flipbook-style animating – great for beginning animators
• keyframe animating – graduate to powerful animation techniques
• drag your finger to create motions paths – easy to make sophisticated animations
• make H.264 movies & PNG images – view on your iPad or save to the camera roll
• extensive collection of reusable art "props" (static and animated)
• extensive documentation embedded in the app
• create frame-by-frame animations or single-frame vector artwork
• powerful vector-based drawing tools, with automatic curve smoothing
• paint brush, pen, pencil, and fill tools for freehand drawing
• geometric shape tools (rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, flower shapes)
• transform/scale/rotate/arrange tools
• advanced bezier shape editing
• custom color palette
• gradients colors
• drawing layers
• rotoscoping: draw or trace over images and videos
• grouped shapes
• two-finger pan and zoom for precise drawing
• frame "ghosting"
• snap-to-grid, snap-to-paths, snap-to-points
• drag & drop your drawings to place on canvas
• easy-to-use key-framing for timing, position, rotation and scale
• intuitive timeline (similar to iMovie or GarageBand)
• nest compositions within compositions for complex animation effects
• adjustable frame rates, up to 30 fps
• animations rendered in H.264 on your iPad
• drawings rendered to PNG format
• save to the Camera Roll for easy sharing to YouTube, e-mail, etc.
• Support for HD (16 x 9), standard definition (4 x 3), and square (1 x 1) aspect ratios
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art, the Green Screen by DoInk app, featured in iTunes as a "Best New App in Education" and Doink Express app for creating animated clips using photos, drawings, art "props", animations and sound.
Please send any suggestions and/or feedback to email@example.com
Art by Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter http://www.priscillaalpaugh.com
What's New in Version 4.5.1
• Multi-frame drawing sequences are now exported to the Photo Library in PNG format, with transparency.
• More bugs fixed.
New in version 4.5:
• Export all frames in a drawing sequence to the Photo Library or to a GZIP archive in a single operation.
• Export drawing sequences as SVG files.
• Export to and import from more locations using standard iOS activity views.
I love this app, just a few things would make it better though
Since the recent updates the app runs smother and has become really useful, especially with the image sequence export option, but a few things would make it better.
The most significant thing would be to allow the export of an svg sequence. There is an svg option, but only for an animated svg. I would like to be able to export all my drawings in vector format so I can import them to other vector animation programs on my computer for further editing. I can't do this with an animated svg, since the file imports with all the drawings in a single frame, which makes a jumbled mess.
Second, the strokes of the pencil tool automatically smooth out, which is fine, but it would be good to allow us to control the level of smoothing, because at the current level it's really hard to get a detailed drawing, since it tries to smooth out subtle curves that I mean to be there. If this option is available, I can't find it.
Finally, also with the pencil tool, when the edges of a curve are really close together, it automatically closes the loop, which makes it hard to draw small thin things like fingers.
All in all, it's a great app, one of the few that actually works well on the iPad, but in order to be useful in a professional manner, several changes, including these, have to be made.
Amazing but for Apple Pencil??
The calibration is pretty off nowadays for it, and I know it's not my Pencil! otherwise it's an amazing app. I've been thrilled to use it for the past three years. Great work. Can you work on layer transparency though? So you can set it to be a certain transparency in the animation itself.
Thank You for the Update
I'm glad to see an update. It seems like a good one. I will check it out and come back soon. I love this app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 25, 2017
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DK Pictures, Inc.
- © 2015 DK Pictures, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.