Dolly connects you with truck and muscle, anytime you need it. The perfect alternative to traditional movers - our app connects you with vetted, independent pick-up truck owners when you need help with moving, hauling and junk removal. Dolly is a fast, easy, and affordable way to get help with your apartment move, to pick up that exercise bike purchased on Craigslist, or get stuff delivered from stores like Lowe’s, Crate & Barrel, and IKEA.
Simply share your move details and information, we’ll match you with the right people to make your moving day or delivery manageable!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Enter Your Details - Tell us when, where, and what you need help with.
2. Get Your Price - Select one or two Helpers and get an instant, guaranteed price.
3. Book Your Dolly - Get connected to and scheduled with a Helper in minutes.
4. Track and communicate with your Helper in real-time
Use Dolly to find local moving and delivery help in the following cities: Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC. More coming soon!
• Easy - Save yourself the time and headache. Book a Dolly in minutes. Never rent a truck from U-Haul or Home Depot again.
• Affordable - Get a guaranteed price upfront before you book—no surprises!
• Convenient - On-demand, on your schedule. Choose a 30-minute window as soon as 90 minutes from when you book. Book for today, or next month - it’s up to you!
• Safe - All Dolly Helpers are independent contractors who are background checked, reviewed, and backed by a commercial insurance policy.
MOVING SERVICES WE PROVIDE:
• Small Apartment Moves. For the DIY mover that needs help moving large items like beds, dressers, tables, couches, and more.
• Retail Store Delivery. More convenient, faster, and often cheaper than traditional store delivery options.
• Craigslist & OfferUp Pick-ups. Don’t let public transit or a small car keep you from that sweet Craigslist deal.
• Small Business Moves. Office move? Find help to get settled in quick.
• Junk Removal. Find a Helper who will remove and haul away your junk. Includes trash removal and responsible disposal.
• Donation Drop-off. Pile of stuff collecting dust? Helpers can also do donation runs.
Don’t need a truck, just some extra muscle? Helpers can also assist with many of your house projects that require an additional set of hands. Don’t bother your family, friends, or neighbors—book a Dolly to help.
• Furniture relocation and removal
• Loading and unloading a box truck
• Appliance moves
• Anything that two people could reasonably move
Never rent a U-Haul again! There are over 2,000 Helpers who are ready to help you with your apartment move, IKEA delivery, furniture delivery, furniture donation, dump run, junk removal, storage unit move, mattress removal, office move, and everything in between.
Additional ways we move:
Office moving, move to storage, junk pick up, moving service, furniture pickup, same day delivery, moving help, heavy lifting, delivery app, moving projects, Uber for moving, hired help, hauling, delivery by truck, on demand moving.
We’re obsessed with customer service and delighting our customers. Don’t take our word for it...just read the reviews below.
Need help or have a question? Contact us at email@example.com or tweet us @getdolly.
Stability improvements & bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I was at Costco and had no clue how I was going to get a huge sectional that was perfect for our den home. One of the employees suggested Dolly. I called the number to get a little more information. It was about 1:30pm on Friday. It would be $77 to take it up a flight of stairs. That was a great price for me to save the hassle of going to U-Haul to get a truck, hiring a day worker (who has no background check and may go by only a nickname) to help me move. Then there’s the joy of refueling the truck and taking it back. The next available time was at 3:30p. I thought it would be the next day because I called so last minute.
The “helper” arrived early which was great. I had no idea how quickly all of this would unfold. I needed to go back home to empty the room a little. Costco allowed me to leave a receipt there so I didn’t need to be present for the helper to take the furniture out. I was home for only about 30 min cleaning frantically and got a call that they were outside with our stuff. It was a husband and wife team who were professional and friendly. She was petite and I was a little skeptical because the furniture was heavy. The two of them knocked it out in impressive fashion.
I would definitely recommend this service to a friend and use them again!
Amazing customer service
Dolly is the 3rd party company that the store we purchased furniture from advertises. We looked into the app, and costs. For a last minute, prompt service, the prices are almost unbelievable. We purchased 2 couches, both heavy recliners. The app was extremely easy to navigate - you just select your pick up location and drop off. Unfortunately, the company we bought the furniture from had a pretty big mix up. They sent us 2 different colored couches. This meant that the Dolly helpers had to drive all the way back, get the issue sorted out, to just drive all the way back to us for the correct delivery. Not once did the helpers complain or become irritated. They were so helpful explaining that this has happened before and Dolly is great with making sure we as the customer are satisfied and that the ones at fault (the store in which they picked up the furniture) would have to cover the inconvenience and extra costs for the multiple trips. The Dolly helpers were professional, friendly, and prompt. I am so happy that something like this exists in the fast-paced world we live in today! Thank you
Dolly Helper wasn't.
My Dolly "Helper" shows up 20 minutes late (he made sure to start the clock before he arrived), just in time to help me with the things that would require 2 people. He was unhappy about helping me move my sleeper sofa in, so I told him to take the lead and I would just follow his instructions. We got the sofa jammed in the door, and he told me to try to jam it through from my side. What I could not see, was that his side was pushing straight into the drywall of my new front hall, making a huge divot I now have to pay $150 for. Once the sofa got stuck, he looked at his watch and said the hour I had paid for was over, and he had to go to work, leaving me with a sofa stuck in my door and a fine I will have to pay. I had to get my girlfriend to come over, and we got the sofa through by removing the door, with no damage done to anything. Next time I'm getting professional movers.
Edit: my Dolly has since been refunded, so I'll bump the review up by 2 stars.
Apologies for the issues you experienced on this dolly, this is definitely not the experience of what a typical dolly should be. I am glad to see that our support and damage claims team have reached out in order to resolve this issue for you. -Clare Dolly Operations
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.