This app puts your iPhone or iPad on rails and turns it into a camera dolly!
With DollyCam Free you can record videos and then stabilize them to remove camera shake. DollyCam also corrects wobble caused by the camera's rolling shutter. The resulting videos are much smoother than the original recordings and are more pleasant to watch. This free version adds a watermark to all frames of a stabilized video. Note that if you want videos without the watermark, you have to buy the commercial version BEFORE you record them as there is no export functionality at present.
When stabilizing a video black borders might appear. DollyCam solves this problem using two different techniques:
- Zooming: DollyCam chooses a suitable zoom level depending on how your device was moved during recording
- Extrapolation: DollyCam extrapolates each frame of the video to fill the black borders
DollyCam does not remove motion blur. To get the best possible results, record videos in good light conditions.
- Full 30 fps video recording in HD (720p), VGA (480p) and HVGA (360p) resolutions
- Video stabilization
- Rolling shutter correction
- Zoom adaptively to reduce black borders (optional)
- Extrapolation to reduce black borders (optional)
- Export videos to your camera roll (DollyCam Free adds a watermark to all videos)
- iPhone6, 6s
- iPhone5, 5s, 5c
- iPhone4, 4s
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad mini, iPad mini retina
- iPad Air
DollyCam was developed at Linköping University as a part of the project Virtual Global Shutters for CMOS Cameras. Project homepage: http://www.cvl.isy.liu.se/research/3dvis/VGS/
Company homepage: http://www.fr-vision.se
Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com
DollyCamFree is now 64bit.
Added calibration profile for iPhone5C,iPhone6,iPhone6s,iPadMiniRetina
Multiselect in Videos tab.
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but abandonware
This app has been abandoned by its developers.
Great but no zoom!!!
Without a doubt this is one of the geart stabilizers in the appstore. No other apps have such functionallity or variety of video qualities to choose from which is an essantial part of the software. And so dosnt waste so much space out of phones memory for short clips. But another important issue that I was expecting on the last update was adding the zooming feature while recording. This is a big miss for this great app and so missed one star.
Developer, please make sure to add zoom ability in your future update.
This is great for a first release. A few suggestions...
* Import and stabilize existing videos (let me stabilize videos not recorded in this app!)
* Automatic copying to the library. (Having to select and manually copy each stabilized video to the library is an unnecessary step)
* A way to take still shots while filming (like QuickPix). If I could take stills while in shooting video, I could archive the iPhone camera app altogether.
* Maybe a "stable" warning light in the recording window to indicate to the shooter whether to slow down or not.
This app really does stabilize video, but don't expect 100% smooth video if you're on a full run. Small vibrations will show instead of the giant shakes most of the time. You also need to give it a little time to process the video afterwards.
Overall a good first release!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.