DONAFY allows you to notify and donate to nearby nonprofits that service people in need of housing, food, medical care, mental health or job assistance services. Give a helping hand anywhere you are.
If you see someone in need of nonprofit services, just filter the local nonprofits on the map and send a quick notification to local organizations that someone at that location needs services. Donafy places a special emphasis on notifying organizations that have the ability to send a street team to a location for the support of street homeless.
Even better, donate using PayPal to the closest org based on your location to give anywhere you are.
The app will also be an important resource for those in need of services as a way to locate organizations in their area by allowing them to map their location and find nearby service providers or to search a complete list of all organizations featured within the app.
**DONAFY is NOT meant to replace emergency services. If there is an emergency with you or someone in need of services please dial 911. We cannot guarantee services will be delivered directly to those you are notifying about. The nonprofit organizations listed in the app are 3rd parties and Donafy is not related or affiliated with them. Donafy does not control or direct the delivery of services from the organizations listed with the app.
- Location based donation thru PayPal
- Notify nonprofits of someone needing there services nearby
- Filter organizations based on your location by service provided:
o Medical Care
o Mental Health
o Job Assistance
- Donate any amount using your existing PayPal account
- Search by map or list view
- Read about the nonprofits nearby
- Win reward badges by notifying and donating
- Have a record of all of your donations
- Give a helping hand anywhere you are!
Would you like us to expand to your city? Let us know!
Ratings and Reviews
As a resident of Philadelphia, I am excited to have this app in order to do something tangible to help those in need in our community and alert nonprofits to individuals who could use assistance. As a nonprofit professional, I know how important it is to connect people to services and even small donations can make a difference. Thanks for making this available to our community!
Suggestions for Nikki Johnson-Huston for even better user friendly app
A great resource but am experiencing a few problems/suggestions
1) updating my email: only allows numbers when you click on the field
2) creating an account using email (had to use Facebook- what if consumer doesn't have Facebook)
3) what if I know of organizations that are not listed?
4) what about ability to search for not just job, but education (GRE or college access) organizations
5) what about ability to search also for organizations which are ADA ?
GREAT idea otherwise! Keep working hard to perfect app.
Great app and much needed in Philadelphia. Provides resources for those in need and those who can help. It connects our community in a way that's never been done. So excited for this!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.