By Chilli X
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Done is not just another To Do list. Done is all about the joy of getting things done - it's the To Do list Apple might have made - the To Do list for the rest of us.
Done 2.0 is a major update. We've listened carefully to your feedback and tried to implement useful new features in a transparent way without compromising the speed and simplicity of Done.
Done 2.0 allows you to switch individual lists on or off so that you can view or email any combination of tasks. We've also added manual sorting - just tap and hold to enter manual edit mode and the new Heads Up Display works on a list by list basis so you can create wallpapers from any list.
Users love the elegant simplicity of Done:
★★★★★ "Get things DONE! This is a simple, easy to use task manager for most of us. Great interface and sounds. Wonderful experience to use. Recommended to everyone" - Cherbs
★★★★★ "Perfect! Simple! EFFECTIVE! This has got to be the quickest I have ever entered tasks!" - RomeApart
★★★★★ "SIX STARS! Finally a To-Do list 'Done' right! I've accomplished more today than in the last 30 years! Good job!" - Mazerbrian
What it is.
Done is an innovative task manager with some unique features that make it easy and more importantly, enjoyable to use.
We've taken advantage of the iPhone's abilities to create a To Do list like no other:
• Shake to sort - shake your phone and your list is automatically sorted - important items at the top, completed ones at the bottom. Tasks can be sorted by priority or due date.
• Landscape mode - rotate the phone 90 degrees to access the powerful Heads Up Display - you'll be presented with 3 powerful options:
• Delete all completed tasks - pressing a button has never been so satisfying!
• Email the list to yourself or others for backup or printing purposes
• Wallpaper - Done has a unique 'SnapShot' feature which captures your most important tasks and saves them to your Camera Roll so that you can set them as your wallpaper. This means that every time you turn your phone on you can see what needs doing at a glance - without even starting the application!
• Sound effects - checking items off, sorting lists and deleting items are all accompanied by pleasing sound effects.
Done gets the balance just right - not too simple - not too complex. There's no contexts, tags or locations - just beautiful prioritised lists of things to do. The intuitive user interface means there's no learning curve - you can get started instantly.
Done is the next best thing to having iCal's To Do list in your pocket.
What it isn't.
There are plenty of very basic To Do lists out there - Done isn't one of those.
There are some incredibly powerful, complex (and expensive) GTD tools available. Done isn't one of those either - try Things or OmniFocus instead.
You can find out more about Done by looking at the detailed online user guide available by clicking the Done Support link below.
• Create multiple, color-coded lists. Add items to your lists and assign priorities, due dates & notes.
• View color coded lists individually, or in any combination
• Shake to sort by priority or date
• Rotate the phone into landscape to access the heads up display.
• Icon badge displays number of uncompleted tasks (all or just priority 1)
• Totals - Done displays the number of tasks left in each list.
• Done remembers which view you were working with last so you don't have to!
What's New in Version 2.1
Fixes a problem with the 'shake to sort' feature on the iPhone 4
Simple & intuitive.
Done is excellent. While I use a few different apps on both the iPhone and iPad for all sorts of list making, Done has remained my To Do app of choice for years now.
For the app's Developer, I agree with almost everything Frederico R. wrote in his review above, especially his points re: setting due dates and changing due dates for multiple tasks. My only other requests are to enable 1] full-screen resolution on the iPad (e.g. not merely 2x mode as text becomes pixelated) and 2] syncing of lists on multiple devices. These features, IMHO, would be worth another dollar or two ("Done HD" or an in-app purchase?).
Done's strength is that it is utterly simple and streamlined, in contrast to other apps like AwesomeNote.
DO NOT buy if you have an iPhone 5
This is literally the perfect to do app, and I've tried a lot. However, the lack of iPhone 5 support at this point is a bit much, and stops this from getting 4 stars even, let alone 5. Steer clear of this if you have the iPhone 5. I'll happily submit a 5 star review if this gets fixed, but the lack of updates for the longest while (July 2010, was the last!!!) indicates the developer has taken the money and run.
Pretty much nails it. One shortcoming for me.
Very simple app, but does what I want to do beautifully. Nice UI. I like the dark screen option for nitetime list veiwing. I wish the entry screen could be dark as well so my night vision isn't trashed... But still better than any other to do app I've tried.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 08, 2010
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Craig Williams
- © 2008 Chilli X
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.