Don't Starve: Pocket Edition
By Klei Entertainment
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
***NOTE: Don't Starve requires iOS 8 and at least an iPhone 5, iPad 3, or iPad mini 2. Due to memory constraints, it will not run on older devices.***
Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition, brings the hit PC game enjoyed by over 4 million players to the iPhone and iPad. Now you can experience the uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic on the go!
Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
- Independent Games Festival: Grand Prize Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence in Design Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Audience Award Nominee
- Capsule Computers: Editor’s Choice
- Indie Game Reviewer: Game of the Year
Optimized for Touch: New intuitive touch interface lets you explore, fight, craft and manage inventory with ease.
Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration: No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.
Dark and Whimsical Visuals: 2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.
Randomly Generated New Worlds: Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.
What's New in Version 1.14
- Fix for iOS9 crash bug.
Plays surprisingly well for mobile
Bug: Full moon only works if you re-enter in the game. I'm playing a perpetual night world where getting s full moon is a saving grace. And if you re-enter in the game to get the full moon effect, it doesn't go away after the full moon has past. So if wear pigs are chasing you, they never change back.
I'm listing all the negatives here but I've played this game for many hours and enjoying it.
Some cons I found:
- Cooking and eating is tedious where it takes 5 actions to cook and eat something. And you must have an empty slot.
- Hard to attack specific targets. I was attacking some hounds when they were attacking lightning goats. The attack button locked on the goat so both agroed on me. I had to book it out of there.
- The build menu is a bit fiddly. Sometimes you can't collapse one section and expand another without exiting first. The game pauses when you open it so it's not a big deal.
- Can't really multi task. While I was using the virtual joy stick, I wasn't able to open the map without stopping first. Not a big deal until you are being chaste by a wear pig and trying to find where the beefalo are on the map. The pig killed me because of it.
It's a great game and it's the game you would want to play if you want a challenging game but I think they should at things from don't starve together so the mobile people can have as much things to do as the players on don't starve together Kiel should add things like multiplayer and more items and enemies to kill and more things to make and craft and house and furniture and more food and pets and the limitations are endless Kiel you should make a big update with the things I mentioned and more
A bit glitched
Game is amazing and I love everything about it but I'm having an issue were, on day eleven of relax mode my game starts to glitch and without even having to do anything at all the game crashes. I still love and enjoy this game and I know this review will be lost in a sea of many others but I would like to maybe see this issue get fixed please.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 27, 2017
- Version: 1.14
- Size: 409 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Klei Entertainment Inc.
- ©Don't Starve ©Klei Entertainment Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.