Klei Entertainment has partnered with our friends at CAPY, creators of Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery, Super Time Force and Below; to bring fans of Don’t Starve the latest single-player expansion: Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked!
In Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, Wilson finds himself stranded in a tropical archipelago. He must learn to survive all over again in this new environment filled with new biomes, seasons, and creatures.
Don’t let the tropical breeze lull you into a false sense of security - the world might be different, but it is still equal parts unforgiving and uncompromising. You will quickly find these islands are full to the brim with things that want to kill you.
Navigate the Open Ocean: Craft a boat and set sail for adventure!
Explore an Entirely New World: The entire world is different. Explore new biomes filled with new resources. Scavenge for new sources of food. Run for your life from a host of new creatures.
Brave New Seasons: A set of tropically inspired seasons will try their hardest to kill you.
Craft New Recipes: Build an array of new gadgets to help yourself survive these harsh islands.
-Updated to meet GDPR compliance
Ratings and Reviews
And just when we were getting the hang of surviving the wilderness, too… Now we’re crafting boats, exploring tropical islands, and battling through the night. Klei and CAPY are a match made in heaven, and we can’t believe we get to witness their Burton-esque nightmare.
A bit worse than a typical survival game
To be honest, I have a hard time getting in to the Don't Starve series because there is no story, objective, and the game is generic in its design. After playing many survival games, I noticed that this game uses the same formula as the thousands of survival games that came out in recent memory. Just like every other survival game out there, you collect wood and stone to make tools and gather one ore; gold to get science kits. These science kits are basically a crafting table where you can create more tools and armor. I have seen thousands of games with the same sense of progression as this game. This game in particular irks me because:
1. When you go to generate a world, it takes a very long time to generate even a small (default) world. It takes over 15 minutes to generate it which is long time considering that it regenerates the map every time you die.
2. There are hardly any customization options in this game, unlike its predecessor. In the original Don't Starve game, you could build a farm, a house, and explore caverns with wicked flora and fauna within. In this game, it is just the boring open sea where there is hardly anything to create or explore.
3. Just like the original Don't Starve, the controls are finicky.
Great game, difficult to control. No Wigfrid.
In short, if you like the original Don’t Starve game, you’ll like this one too.
The only thing that keeps this game from getting 5 stars is that the controls are a bit finicky... it’s fine when you’re just walking around the world, gathering and building things, but it’s a nightmare when you’re fighting an enemy, especially when there’s a lot of trees in the way. Your character will just stand still, making some comment about the tree you just clicked on, while some monster chomps away at him! It’s especially bad since a lot of the fighting requires you to hit the enemy a couple times before running a small distance away to dodge their attack. You need to make sure you’re in a wide open space to fight anything effectively.
Also, you can’t play as Wigfrid (my favorite character), so you can’t just tank the enemy attacks.
- Klei Entertainment Inc.
- 690.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- ©Don't Starve ©Klei Entertainment Inc. 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.