Donut County is a story-based physics puzzle game where you play as an ever-growing hole in the ground. Meet cute characters, steal their trash, and throw them in a hole.
WHERE TRASH IS TREASURE
Raccoons have taken over Donut County with remote-controlled trash-stealing holes. You play as BK, a hole-driving raccoon who swallows up his friends and their homes to earn idiotic prizes.
When BK falls into one of his own holes, he’s confronted by his best friend Mira and the residents of Donut County, who are all stuck 999 feet underground… and they demand answers!
THE HOLE KEEPS GROWING
• EXPLORE every character’s home, each with their own unique environment.
• MOVE the hole to swallow up their stuff, growing bigger each time.
• COMBINE objects inside for crazy effects: cook soup, breed bunnies, launch fireworks, and more.
• CATAPULT things back out of the hole. You can use it to solve puzzles...or just destroy stuff.
• DEVOUR everything. The hole won’t stop until the whole county is all gone.
Donut County was created by Ben Esposito, designer on What Remains of Edith Finch and The Unfinished Swan. It is the result of six years of solo development, dozens of donuts (for research), and one fateful encounter with a raccoon.
Named 2018 iPhone Game of the Year by the Apple App Store team!
Thank you for playing Donut County.
This version includes additional language support, support for newer iOS devices, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Donut County is an absolute treat. You drag holes across land to collect bigger and bigger aboveground objects, from puddles and fire pits to trees and boulders. New ideas change gameplay in intriguing ways, and concepts never overstay their welcome, making every puzzle feel new and interesting. The consequences of every hole you control propel a wonderfully quirky story about a suddenly subterranean society seeking a return to the surface. Along with the game’s fantastic visual style and marvelous soundtrack, its every idiosyncrasy miraculously blends into an inviting, cohesive whole.
Amazing concept and the visual design is amazing!!
WE NEED MORE!! This game is so charming. It is has many cool aspects incorporated into the game that just stimulate the senses in a different way like puzzle solving, critical thinking, virtual escape room aspects. Each level is so cleverly designed and it never goes the way I thought it would and I love that. The music is perfect for relaxing after a long day and playing something that is stimulating yet not stressful. It is perfect to play with my 5 year old because he is just learning how to read simple sentences. The trashopedia is very clever and Donut County players can quote these witty and hilarious descriptions for years. This game can be taken very far with multiple bosses, a continued storyline, more levels, and gadget upgrades to solve puzzles with! This game is a vessel that can handle so much and developed upon even more and I hope the developers decide to continue the story! It ended too quickly for me. I felt like this was going in the direction of something like an old video game like Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong, etc. My only complaint is that it ended much too quickly and I want to play this game all the time like Cooking Craze. We need Donut Country..! ...Donut WORLD!
Superior Storytelling Intertwined with Sinkhole Action
I was quite excited to play this game and waited a long time for it to come out. When it did, I had beaten it fairly quickly, in just two or three sessions, but don’t get me wrong. A short collection of levels doesn’t discredit how intricate and charming the base game truly is. Gathering around a campfire with fellow sink-hole-victims and learning about their whimsical backstories had me rather hooked on not only the cutscenes between actual gameplay, but the world I was introduced to interact in during the base gameplay.
Everything about the game felt assembled flawlessly and revealed itself in a way that built upon the last mechanic. The puzzles themselves weren’t particularly challenging, however, deemed themselves as just the right amount of rewarding.
Although I wish that there was more to do and see in this vibrant, low-poly atmosphere the developer has created, what is offered is seamlessly constructed in a unique, fresh sandbox with plenty of friendly faces to meet and greet. Beautifully done.
- Annapurna Games, LLC
- 352.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Labyrinth Mint, LLC. Developed by Ben Esposito. Published by Annapurna Interactive. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.