Donut County is a story-based physics puzzle game where you play as an ever-growing hole in the ground. Meet cute characters, steal their trash, and throw them in a hole.
WHERE TRASH IS TREASURE
Raccoons have taken over Donut County with remote-controlled trash-stealing holes. You play as BK, a hole-driving raccoon who swallows up his friends and their homes to earn idiotic prizes.
When BK falls into one of his own holes, he’s confronted by his best friend Mira and the residents of Donut County, who are all stuck 999 feet underground… and they demand answers!
THE HOLE KEEPS GROWING
• EXPLORE every character’s home, each with their own unique environment.
• MOVE the hole to swallow up their stuff, growing bigger each time.
• COMBINE objects inside for crazy effects: cook soup, breed bunnies, launch fireworks, and more.
• CATAPULT things back out of the hole. You can use it to solve puzzles...or just destroy stuff.
• DEVOUR everything. The hole won’t stop until the whole county is all gone.
Donut County was created by Ben Esposito, designer on What Remains of Edith Finch and The Unfinished Swan. It is the result of six years of solo development, dozens of donuts (for research), and one fateful encounter with a raccoon.
Thank you for playing Donut County.
This version includes performance improvements, bug fixes, and by popular demand, the Quack Button sticker for the iMessage app.
Ratings and Reviews
Donut County is an absolute treat. You drag holes across land to collect bigger and bigger aboveground objects, from puddles and fire pits to trees and boulders. New ideas change gameplay in intriguing ways, and concepts never overstay their welcome, making every puzzle feel new and interesting. The consequences of every hole you control propel a wonderfully quirky story about a suddenly subterranean society seeking a return to the surface. Along with the game’s fantastic visual style and marvelous soundtrack, its every idiosyncrasy miraculously blends into an inviting, cohesive whole.
Any Annapurna game I’ve played is inventive and a blast. This one so far is no different.
Fun and whimsical, though short
This game delivers pretty much what you'd expect: you play as a hole, swallowing up various objects in different painterly environments. The art style is delightful, the physics are good for the setting, and some of the puzzles are amusing - though all are very easy. There's only one way to finish any given level, which is (unsurprisingly) swallowing everything in it, sometimes with a physics puzzle or two first.
I wasn't crazy about the story; the writing style seemed to me to be a little too in love with itself, particularly the way the characters often talked in texting slang. It was hardly offensive, though, just not really my thing.
The whole game can be completed in a few hours, and sadly once you're done there's nothing left to do but replay the story. I'd love it if there were some kind of exploratory/sandbox mode, or perhaps some new challenges to complete in each level's setting. Really, I'd welcome any option that would allow me to spend more time swallowing up stuff in Donut County's charming environments.
I don't regret my purchase, but I'm hopeful the developers will add something new and open-ended to give me a reason to come back to it.
- Annapurna Games, LLC
- 352.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Labyrinth Mint, LLC. Developed by Ben Esposito. Published by Annapurna Interactive. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.