Doo - Get Things Done
By Ciarlo Software, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Become a more productive you, one card at a time.
It’s easy to procrastinate your to-do list without a clear first step. Tasks with large goals can feel impossible to finish.
Doo helps you procrastinate less. Your reminders become cards that are easy to start and easy to finish. The streamlined edit screen encourages you to create tasks that can fit on a digital index card. Each card shows up in a stack — instead of a list — so you can focus on one thing at a time.
BUILD BETTER HABITS
Pick a few tasks each day and snooze the rest. Doo helps you create more consistent, sustainable habits. Reduce your anxiety and become a more productive you, one card at a time.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
* Best of the Mac App Store 2016
* App Store Best of February
* App Store Best New Apps
* Two-time Webby Award nominee
“I absolutely love this app... *incredibly* satisfying...” – Buzzfeed
“There’s just enough guilt involved in hitting snooze that I often just complete the task. That’s the point." – WIRED
“Doo is a beautiful way to get things done without stressing yourself out.” – The Next Web
“The ideal iOS reminders replacement.” – Francesco D.
“Doo 2 is a delight!” – Andrew H.
“Doo is beautiful, simple, clever.” – Matt S.
• Improve your focus with a unique, card-based interface
• Create open-ended, date-based, or location-based reminders
• Stay engaged with a delightful user experience
• Collaborate on tasks with other Doo users (requires iCloud)
• Create checklists that stay out of your way until you need them
• Get repeating alerts if you ignore any notifications
• Schedule tasks with custom intervals and early alerts
• Toggle notifications on a per-reminder basis
• Sync with iCloud across iOS and Mac devices
• Set your preferred morning and evening hours for smarter scheduling and snooze
• Create to-dos from within other apps using the share extension
• Sort your cards from the list view to speed through your day
• Customize your default snooze duration
• Enjoy Doo with full accessibility support, including VoiceOver and keyboard shortcuts
• Create reminders faster with smart date presets, including tonight, tomorrow, and this weekend.
• View upcoming reminders from the Notification Center widget
• Complete or snooze reminders from iOS notifications
• Customize the interface to one of five different font sizes
• Drag and drop text, markdown checklists, Apple Maps locations, and URLs onto the add button to quickly create tasks
Get Doo and get things done!
What's New in Version 2.2.1
A minor bug fix release, including improved drag and drop support.
Enjoying Doo? Write a review! Thoughts and suggestions are all always taken into consideration as we plan future updates.
Need help or want to send feedback? Write us on Twitter @getdooapp or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best to do app for getting things done, could use one more feature
This is without a doubt the best gtd app for me, despite its lack of traditional to do list features like tags or contexts or project organization.
This app forces you to think about WHEN you will get something done, and presents you with one item to work through at a time. For whatever reason this motivates my lizard brain to actually do it, and put off less important work for later.
The only thing I don't like about it is the way it handles repeating location tasks. Why would I want to do something immediately at a certain place? It feels somewhat useless to me. I wish one could combine the where and when features of the app without relying on snoozing.
I also really wish there were a way to better organize your tasks: I like to think about the next actions I need to do for particular projects at once, and being able to group them by project, even if when only viewing them as a list, would make me feel more secure about my progress on projects. That's really the major problem with this app: it gets me to do things, which is the most important thing period, but it doesn't provide the security that I'm not missing something I need to do like more traditional to do list/gtd apps like Things or OmniFocus accomplishes.
Buggy, but of the most helpful apps
Bug: Set an item to begin tomorrow. Make it daily in the afternoon. Go to set the end date and no date before 1 Januar 2019 is possible. This isn’t consistent behavior however.
Also, change your time zone while
Traveling and Doo events remain in the zone in which they were set. Date/times need to be “floating”.
One feature request: Please allow changing the notification sound. It uses the some one as some calendars and that is problematic.
keeps me on schedule
love the location based feature :)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 21, 2017
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Ciarlo Software, LLC
- © 2016 Ciarlo Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.