By Imaginary Roots
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Use your Mac's desktop as a whiteboard. DoodleDesk puts a blank canvas where your background would be, and lets you draw freely - the perfect place to make notes, sketch ideas or simply pass time doodling.
DoodleDesk is perfect for engineers, programmers, designers, teachers, writers - if you've ever sketched an idea, DoodleDesk is for you. DoodleDesk keeps it simple, allowing your ideas to shine through.
"...we were impressed with the simplicity and great performance of this app." 4/5 - iCreate Magazine
- Replaces your desktop with a drawing surface
- Draw freely with 3 pens and an eraser, all with variable size
- Place notes anywhere to add text to your sketches
- Export your doodles to JPEG, PNG, GIF & TIFF formats
What's New in Version 1.2.3
Bug fix for "Clear Whiteboard"
I love it. Needs new 2 features.
1. If I choose the marker at a small size and then i choose the eraser and a larger size and then go back to the marker, I expected the two to have a different size. Instead I had to make the eraser a larger size and then when I went back to the marker I had to re-adjust the size. Doing this many times is a bit annoying.
2. Ability to add images. I am working on a project and we are trying to figure out how the website should be layed out. Would love to see our current home as an image and be able to circle around it and take notes etc.
Besides that it has been great. Thank you.
Nice app, but needs a little more
Bought this app because the screenshot looks good. This app has the potential to be great! Here’s a couple things that would be nice and may convince others to choose this app over alternatives:
- Needs “pages”; right now your file will only be one paged. There is no option to add pages and to go back and forth as you wish. You'll have to create a new file if you use up all your space.
- Needs a shortcut for deleting the whole whiteboard, there’s a short cut for cut, copy, paste (albeit I think they only apply to the sticky note). Needs shortcut for delete (and, hopefully, “add page”)
The neat thing about this app is it’s incredibly simple as any app on mac should be, but the missing above features are too distracting and a really big disadvantage to this app.
I hope changes are made as I would love to recommend this to my fellow classmates!
Completely worth it!
Awesome peiece of software! Use it along with my bamboo tablet and it works flawlessly! I honestly wish it cost a few more dollars just so I could pay the developer a bit more for it. Super useful, dead simple software!