Door 24 - Math
By Curriculum Associates, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Help your students achieve computational fluency – an integral part of success in mathematics! Aligned to the Common Core, Door 24 provides targeted practice in the use of basic facts, number sense, and algebraic thinking. Students can work through 6 different levels and multiple problem sets as they help fix Victor the robot’s circuits and solve the mystery behind Door 24!
Door 24 is part of i-Ready— an award-winning, blended learning online program published by Curriculum Associates. Learn more about i-Ready at i-ready.com/empower.
Provides practice in computational fluency across five grade levels, from grades 4 – 8 with content available for students who are working a level behind.
• An engaging narrative and a compelling reward system keep students motivated.
• Multiple sets of problems are presented at increasing levels of difficulty.
• Challenge sets require students to find all possible solutions to expand their problem solving skills.
• Includes scaffolded hints and Math Review screens to help students when they struggle.
• Aligns with Common Core State Standards
The Principles and Standards for School Mathematics (NCTM 2000) state: “Students exhibit computational fluency when they demonstrate flexibility in the computational methods they choose, understand and can explain these methods, and produce accurate answers efficiently.” Door 24 addresses each of the three facets of computational fluency:
• Accuracy: Students use number facts, order of operations, and number relationships to create expressions that are equivalent to 24
• Efficiency: Students learn to use strategies that are easily practiced such as making tens, recognizing factors of 24, thinking of an expression as a single quantity, understanding relationships between operations, etc.
• Flexibility: The Challenge set in every level requires students to find as many expressions as possible that are equivalent to 24 given a particular number set. Students also need to be flexible in choosing an appropriate strategy or strategies based on the problem at hand.
ALIGNED TO COMMON CORE
The Common Core State Standards present a balanced approach to mathematics that stresses equally the goals of conceptual understanding, fluency, and application. Door 24 focuses on building computational fluency by providing practice that requires students to use basic facts, number sense, and algebraic thinking to solve problems.
It also builds the mathematical processes and proficiencies that Common Core identifies in the Standards of Mathematical Practice (SMP):
• SMP 1: Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them asks students to develop a “puzzler’s disposition” in the context of mathematics. Door 24 provides problems that students might not know how to solve at first and allows students to explore and figure out where to start.
• SMP 2: Reason abstractly and quantitatively asks students to write expressions in different ways, knowing and using different properties of operations. As students move through sets and levels of Door 24, they use strategies and number relationships to create hundreds of expressions equivalent to 24.
• SMP 7: Look for and make use of structure asks students to recognize and use patterns. Door 24 provides sets of practice that help children develop a sense for structure. One set, for example, focuses on recognizing sums of 10 that then allow students to quickly create an expression equivalent to 24.
Have questions or feedback?
Monday – Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
What's New in Version 1.0.1
iOS 8 compatibility and fixes
This is the best educational app in the whole wide world!!!!!!!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 22, 2014
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 164 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Curriculum Associates, LLC
- © 2014 Curriculum Associates
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.