Dorland’s/ Gray’s Pocket Atlas of Anatomy
By Mobile Systems
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This pocket atlas is your best way to reference anatomy on the go! It combines superb definitions from Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary with phenomenal illustrations from Gray's Anatomy for Students, for an unprecedented level of accuracy and visual clarity. An ideal guide to structures and their definitions . . . great for quick consultation in the dissection lab as well as for convenient study anytime, anywhere!
* An organization by body region, rather than by organ system, parallels the way most of today's anatomy courses approach the subject and facilitates quick reference.
* Exquisite full-color artwork from Gray's Anatomy for Students, as well as Standring: Gray's Anatomy, 39th Edition and Sobotta: Atlas of Human Anatomy, 14th Edition, makes structures easy to visualize, remember, and identify.
* Terms and descriptions based on Terminologia Anatomica ensure conformity with the most widely used and up-to-date international anatomical nomenclature system.
* Definitions from Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary deliver clarity and accuracy.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favorites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes all cross-curriculum words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language with the special ‘Daily feature
* "Flashcards" to give you the opportunity to use newly learnt words
What's New in Version 5.2.23
* Optimized for iOS 5
Just bought this garbage dictionary for $41.99 in May, 2015. I'm going to call Apple to get my money back. I recommend to buy Dorland's Medical Dictionary by Elsevier. But a warning; don't update that app after you buy it. It is now a fantastic medical dictionary in all aspects, just the way it is.
But that company is apparently cutting their budget by cutting back on their staff, so if you update it when their next update is offered, you are sure to end up with the garbage dictionary that you never bargained for.
I know this because it is the same company from whom I purchased the prior fabulous Webster's New World college dictionary. I just updated their version in May, 2015, and they turned that dictionary into a similar garbage dictionary that they offer for $4.99 which removed many over there terrific features.
So don't let them fool you just because it says it's an update and that there are improvements, because they will most likely be lying to you.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Feb 09, 2013
- Version: 5.2.23
- Size: 61.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mobile Systems
- © 2010 Mobile Systems, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.