Dossier is a full featured information organizational tool for the Mac featuring an easy to use and customizable user interface. It is the ideal tool for keeping notes, to-do lists, passwords, or virtually anything else. It supports easy import of images and various other file formats - just drag and drop.
Key features of Dossier:
• 128 bit encryption - lock individual entries or entire folders
• Hierarchical data storage with unlimited nesting allow you to keep organized.
• Smart folders allow you to set up searches that constantly track information that interests you, as well as keep data organized in multiple ways
• Multiple document, multiple window editing interface
• Drag and drop import of most popular file formats (images, text, pdf, etc.)
• Customizable windows allows vertical and horizontal views and separate entry editing
• Prints entire documents, folders, or entries easily
• Export to multiple formats (text, rtf, word) - no vendor lock in
• Spotlight integration
• Linking not only to web pages, but also to other entries within Dossier
• Auto creation of links and entries using Wiki style links
• Integrated calendar allows you not only to see when entries were created, but also click on days to see the entries for that day
• Integrated spelling and grammar checker, text substitutions and transformations, text-to-speech - all the great features you expect from a top-notch Cocoa application
- Fixes various bugs in the calendar while running under El Capitan (OS X 10.11).
- Updates to the import function
- Updated old code that was deprecated on later OS releases
Ratings and Reviews
I've been using Memoir (their other product) for about 5 years, and it worked well. I took the opportunity to upgrade to Dossier on the app store, and I couldn't be happier. Smart folders and the ability to set up multiple views are great. I should also mention that with Memoir, the developers were always willing to discuss issues and features with me, and a couple of suggestions I had even made it into the later versions of their products. All around, well worth the money!
Just bought the App this morning and have thoroughly gone through every preference. A well designed App (I especially like the Spotlight integration). Two things that I hope to see in future builds: A default keyboard shortcut for linking text (you can still add it manually through the Mac's System Preferences, through it could break with successive builds) and importation of iPhone Notes/Mail Notes. Overall, two big thumbs up to the developers. Thanks!
Great filing system. You can create folders within folders, and rearrage folders, quite easily. Four out of five stars only because I can't get some minor preferences to stay chosen through a close and restart. For example I can't seem to have "date created" and "date modified" to stay toggled off (ie unchecked in view options). Otherwise great. Keep up the great work. Adding a sync to mobile device would be great.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.