With the DOT Mobilbilletter app, you can easily buy mobile tickets for short journeys (up to 8 zones) on Zealand, Lolland, Falster and Møn.
DOT Mobilbilletter is developed by Din Offentlige Transport (DOT) and is owned by DSB.
You can buy:
• Normal tickets (2-8 zones for children and adults)
• Prepaid Zone Cards (Multiride tickets)
• Bicycle ticket
• Extension ticket (1 zone)
• 24-hour tickets
• DSB 1’ Regional trains extension
• City Pass 24 hours
• City Pass 72 hours
The tickets are valid for journeys by bus, S-train, Metro, DSB Long-distance and Regional trains, Lokalbaner, Regionstog and Øresundstog in Zealand, Lolland, Falster and Møn.
You pay with your payment card or the Prepaid Zone Card if you have the required number of credits on your Prepaid Zone Card for the selected journey. However, the Prepaid Zone Card can only be used to pay for 2-8 zones tickets.
You can save your payment card details and access them via a code chosen by you. That way, you do not have to enter all card details every time you make a purchase. The payment card details are stored with DIBS.
The following cards are accepted for payment:
- Visa Electron
DOT Mobilbilletter can sell tickets from your location and for the number of zones you want.
To allow DOT Mobilbilletter to find your position, you have to enable the GPS of your device. The app will automatically find the zone you are in. If you are close to a zone boundary, you will have all the zones near you.
For extension tickets please note:
• You can buy extension tickets for 1 zone. The additional zone extends the zones on your ticket or commuter card by 1 zone.
• Extension tickets for 2 zones or more should be purchased as a normal ticket for the number of zones required. You do not have to be in the zones for which the extension ticket is to be valid when you buy it.
• Extension tickets must be presented together with a valid commuter card or ticket.
Remember to buy your mobile ticket before you start your journey. The ticket is only valid on the phone and the phone number on which it was purchased.
Use of third-party keyboards (e.g. Swiftkey and Fleksy) will cause the app to crash when the user enters the registration code. It may also cause problems when the user enters payment card numbers.
- Valid tickets are displayed as default when the app is opened
- Information about receipts is added to the menu
- Start zone localization has been improved
- Various bug fixes and design improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Tip about Copenhagen: if you use a US stripe credit card (no chip-and-pin) be prepared for some bad experiences. Almost no business takes it. Unless you carry a bag of coins with you, you will also not be able to buy metro tickets at the station. This app solves it. Punch in your US credit card number and buy right in your phone. Brilliant. They should do it in NYC
No need to select card type
There's no need to select the card type when entering payment information; it is filled automatically after the card number is entered.
Necessary if you don't usually have coins
Started using it when Credit cards didn't work in Copenhagen for buying tickets and is easy to use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.