Dots (Pixel Art)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Draw pixel art with Dots.
If you are a pixel art lover, you shouldn't miss Dots!
Dots doesn't have complex features. It totally focused on real pixel-art. Select a color and fill dots with it.
It's so simple and easy!
Create pixel-art and share your work via email, Facebook or Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- iOS 8 compatible and ready for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Move tool added
Definitely worth the money
(This review includes a tip for increasing canvas size)
I myself am not much of an artist, but even I found myself sinking hours of time into this app. It's simple to use, doesn't suffer from awkward input issues (except maybe drawing when I try to zoom/slide, but that's minor) and the examples are a rather nice touch.
I do have a couple suggestions, though. I would like an easier way to store my favourite colours than just the history bar, and the lack of a number input for precise selection is annoying. Also, what's with the tool that looks like an eyedropper? I can't get it to do anything.
For those who want a canvas bigger than 128x128, I found a clever, if awkward, way to do just that. The selection screen doesn't use borders, so if you use two or more canvases right next to each other you can increase your maximum width to 912 and your maximum height to pretty much infinity. If that size still isn't enough for you... you scare me.
Overall, the app is fun, doesn't limit you, and the only money you spend is up front. I'd say that's deserving of five stars.
Easy to use, could have some improvements though.
The interface and interaction is just great. After you learnt how to use every functions, it's really easy and enjoyable making a pixel art.
Some suggestion for improvements:
1. Have smaller previews. Currently the preview is several times the original size. It would be really handy to be able to preview them in 1:1 sizes.
2. Custom canvas size. For example if I want to create a 18x18 pixel art, I'll have to use the 32x32 preset and manually draw a border in the middle.
3. More editing tools like lines, rectangles and circles. It's rather difficult to create a shape of a certain size. So having tools to create different shapes in a specific size would be nice, especially for circles.
4. Multiple color palletes, like bookmarks. When creating pixel arts with kinda "grindy" looks, for each color there would be different variations. In this case multiple palletes would be handy.
This app is really well made, and with more addition to functonalities, it would become a great tool not just for doodling, but serious pixel art creation as well.
I absolutely adore this app. Out of all of the apps on my iPod I use this one the most. I love that you can choose any color imaginable. I also love the moving tool. All of the controls are super easy to use. This is my go to app for any pixel I make. The only option that I would like to have is a transparent tool. I like my backgrounds to be transparent and I wish there was a tool for it, but I will still give you 5/5 stars because it is my favorite app.
Again, I have very few requests, but I have one new suggestion. An adjustable grid, or more grid sizes would be perfect. After using this app for over a month or so, I realized that 128 x 128 is not big enough. May I suggest maybe a maximum grid size of 500 or so. Then we (the user) could choose any grid size below it.
I hope you take this into consideration. Thank you very much!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 22, 2014
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 1.2 MB
- Languages: English, Korean
- Seller: kobaltlab Inc.
- © 2014 beyondf
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.