DotSpace - Colorful Grid Checklist Organizer
By Adams Immersive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free sale! Organize bits of info using colors and shapes instead of boring lists. It's fun! Toggle your labeled “dots” on/off with a tap. Move them, arrange them, customize them—so simple, there are only two buttons.
- Remember stuff!
- Organize stuff!
- Plan stuff!
Use DotSpace as a shopping list, to-do list, trip packing list, task organizer, habit tracker, or a table for tracking any small bits of info—from game scores and character sheets, to event RSVPs, to brainstorming and planning, to exercise routines. DotSpace is like a little “bulletin board” you can fill with mini notes about anything you want.
WHY IS A GRID BETTER THAN A LIST?
• Lists lack organization. But “dots” can be moved around and grouped any way you like, with 3 shapes and 27 colors.
• No scrolling: see 45 items at once on an iPhone, or 108 on an iPad, or 300 on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
• Quick and easy: color, shape and position help you remember where each item is at a glance.
• Finished with an item for now? Tap to “check it off” and it will turn dark until you need it again.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
• Export a screenshot by clicking the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time. (Make it your lock screen wallpaper to see it instantly.)
• Type a bullet-dot or long dash by long-pressing the “minus” key.
• Want a label with no shape around it? Just choose the black color.
LIMITATIONS: This app does not support emoji, Voiceover mode, or cloud sync.
THANKS FOR TRYING MY APP! I’d love to hear what uses you find for it. Problems? Feature requests? Let me know at adamsimmersive.com.
YOU CAN HELP me improve this app by telling your friends about DotSpace (one word).
If you like organized thinking, you might also like my iMessage sticker pack: “Logical Fallacies & Cognitive Biases.” 36 popular logical fallacies, cognitive biases, and red herrings, ready to rubber-stamp your friends’ messages.
— Morgan Adams
What's New in Version 1.6.0
- Exclusive for 12.9" iPad Pro: MASSIVE work space: organize 300 dots on one screen!
- For everyone: a new "help" animation (tap in empty space to get a reminder of how to edit items).
I’m working on other improvements. YOU CAN HELP!
1. Let me know what features you’d like! Contact me at adamsimmersive.com
2. Find DotSpace (one word) in the App Store and give it a star rating—or better yet, a review.
3. Re-submit your star rating (or review) for each new version: old ratings don’t count, so each time I update my app, it loses the old stars and reviews.
4. Tell your friends about “DotSpace” (one word) in the App Store!
Hear our pleas. Make it multi paged and let us all give you 5 stars!!?
I am a graphic designer and have been looking for a checklist/task oriented app that is visually based in order to help me stay organized. Most of the list apps out there either have way too many options and steps and folders,...... And others are just plain pages with a list, which, to be honest, doesn't help me much, because it doesn't visually get what I need to do first and what's important. This looked like the perfect app for me. But as I started to set it up I realized that I was going to have to fit everything one one page, making it into a jumbled mess of colored shapes with my to dos but no way to truly organize them. When I went back to the app I noticed that the last update was near the end of 2015. There were 3 updates within months of each other in 2015 and then...... Nothing. Have you forgotten about this app? Are you planning to make any more updates or are we going to be holding on to an almost perfect app, in hopes that you will here our pleas, for nothing? Please let us know. We are hoping that you will continue to work on this app because it has the potential to be the best. We just need you, the creator, the changer, the one and only that can make it what it should be. Please listen to us and make it multi paged do that we can all give u 5 stars!!!!!!
WOW! This Is Not A Hammer! And It's Great!
Lotsa potential, *A Lot.* This is a really neat tool for visual people. The colourful, simple, and user-friendly interface is great for quick lists, flashcards, notations, "pick-a-use-it's-as-flexible-as-you-want-it-to-be." The app's format is similar to a simple gaming construct (which is a snap to relate to) since working within such a platform makes the content easily translatable when using various colourful shapes. Your brain isn't distracted by the "bells and whistles" of the app so you can actually concentrate on immediately using the app instead of trying to figure it out. (After all - who wants a hammer that comes with a 54-page instruction manual, right?). "Simple" doesn't mean "stupid", it can also mean easily elegant.
Simple and sweet!
i needed to get some stuff done today, so I wanted a simple app where I could have the satisfaction of checking things off.
It is SO simple to operate this app that you literally don't need directions to get started. Create little circles, pick a color, write your task... Done. I love the simplicity and the color choices. I love how you can put the little circles(or squares, or stars) anywhere on the page. (Sure wish I could do that with my home page!)
I liked it SO much that I decided to upgrade to the paid version so that I could create other pages and use different backgrounds. That's when I realized that there IS no paid version!
I'm only giving it four stars (for now) because it only lets you create one page, and there are no options to change the background. The ability to use a photo as a background would be cool.
My Tip: If you take a screen shot of your list, you can use the pic as your wallpaper. That way you can see your to do list whenever you open your device.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 20, 2015
- Version: 1.6.0
- Size: 43.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adams Immersive
- © 2015 Morgan Adams
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.