DotTouch is an application for iPhone and iPod touch for creating pixel dot graphics.
The interface specifically designed for iPhone and iPod touch lets you create pixel dot graphics with ease.
- The dot picture of 320x320 or less is made.
- Loehr up to four layers or less
- Free line, straight line, and drawing function in rectangle and oval
- Optional pen (The size of the pen can be changed).
- Reversing and rotation of image
- The color is quickly edited by the double tap.
- Color edit of confirmation of change in pixel
- It is a cancellation of the operation up to ten times.
- The made dot picture is preserved in the photographic album.
- The made dot picture is appended to mail and it transmits.
- It takes it out with the data bringing by the Wi-Fi connection in.
- Animated feature.
- Some bugs fixed when create animation.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs photo import for tracing.
I've been wanting to do pixel art but the sheer idea of drawing it pixel by pixel is too daunting to me. DotTouch is a harmonious blend between MS Paint and pixel drawing apps.
One thing unusual is that when you save your drawing to Photos, the app will include extra canvas to the drawing. Not really a big deal if you have photo cropping tool but it's kinda unnecessary though to have the extra canvas.
Hope to see photo import feature so that we can draw pixels on top of the pictures. Kinda like tracing
Really nice little pixel studio
This is a nice, reasonably featured pixel art studio. I love the way the grid is laid out, as well as the basic tool set up. I'm not completely sold yet on the copy/mirror feature. It works well, but it's hard to know which mirror copy button you want to use for any given situation. I'll figure it out, but it could stand to be more intuitive.
I love the circle/square tools. They make things quicker.
A couple of features that would be nice to have:
1) an element saver so that once you draw a shape or a creature, you can save it on the side and easily paste it in to other creations.
2) a triangle tool to draw triangles easily. I mean, it's not exactly difficult as it is, but such a tool would speed things along.
Overall, worth the $1.99 price tag.
I love it! Worth the money! I would recommend being able to import photos from Camera Roll/Saved Photos to edit, though. ☺☺☺☺☺
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.