By Red Hot Bits
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Doubleshot Photo is the newest ‘iPhone-ography’ app that let’s you combine pictures in innovative ways, and even take two pictures at once!* There are so many ways to combine photos with Doubleshot Photo, but they all have one thing in common: they're all doubleshots!
• Picture-In-Picture: Use the many Picture-In-Picture framesets to combine a wide shot with a detail shot, or a close-up and an action shot of your pet. That's a doubleshot!
• Golden Ratio: use the Golden Ratio framesets when you want to show a square frame next to a rectangular frame. Great for vacation portraits, showing where you are and who's with you, or unexpected juxtapositions. That's a doubleshot!
• Double Shutter: capture the moment from two cameras at once! With your dual-camera equipped iOS device, you can combine landscape and portrait doubleshots looking in opposite directions! Great for showing action and reaction at concerts, crowds, and parties, or adding a new plane of view to landscapes and cityscapes. Or take a self portrait while taking a picture of your subject. And with group shots, everyone can now crowd around both sides of the camera! Cool! Weird! That's a doubleshot!
• Head/Body Mix'n'Match! Doubleshot Photos's diagonal blur framesets are perfect for easily creating hilarious (or disturbing!) head and body mashups. Just take a picture of two different people standing against the same background, and apply the landscape or portrait framesets and border blur, and use the flip button to experiment with the effect. Funny! That's a doubleshot!
In fact, Doubleshot Photo is like many new iPhoneography apps rolled into one. Serious and casual iPhoneographers alike will love discovering new ways to combine photos with Doubleshot Photo!
* requires dual-camera equipped device
If you like sharing and saving your favorite creations, Doubleshot’s got you covered, not with just one or two options, but all these platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, ImageShack, and Posterous. And of course you can save your creations to your Photo Library or print them with Air Print support!
Not ready to take the plunge? Sign up to be notified when Doubleshot goes on sale! Just send us an email with your request, and we’ll only email you when Doubleshot is updated or goes on sale.
Check out all these great features:
● Doubleshot photography using two cameras at once
● Extensive composition with 28 different layouts including splitscreens, golden ratio, diagonals, and picture-in-picture
● Border effects, border color picker, and picture blending
● AirPrint support - print your photos to wireless printer in your home (iOS 4.0 required)
● Social sharing to many popular platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Posterous and Imageshack
● Save image to Camera Roll, copy or email
● Geo-tag your photos
● Landscape and portrait device orientations supported
● Universal iPhone/iPad
Tap on the first or second photo frames to import from your Camera Roll or take photo with your camera. If you have the device with two cameras, use the Doubleshot button to capture both pictures at once. Tap the compose button to start composition editor, where you can apply desired layout to your chosen photos, borders and transition. Use sharing button to save the final image to your camera roll, copy it, email or share using one of popular social services that we support.
We’re working hard on making Doubleshot Photo even more exciting, fun and useful. If you have a feature suggestion or any other feedback, click the link below to send us an email.
What's New in Version 2.0
• Image editor
• Grayscale effect
• Bug fixes
Simple but it Works Really Well
I'm not sure what people Tracy expecting from this type of app, but after reading these reviews, I was surprised and then delighted with how much I liked DoubleShot. I download a lot of apps to do reviews on, but this is an app I'd actually use again because it works so well and has so many layout options. The only thing I'd like to see is maybe an integration with something like Aviary or the like to let you do basic editing in your photos and the ability to turn the flash off. That's it. Other than that, you guys have your expectations way out of whack if you think this is a bad or useless app. It does exactly what it says it does and even a little more.
This app has a lot of potential but please please make it so you can move the picture around once it's in the frame, it's very difficult to get the part of the picture you want showing as it is now. Also, If possible, I think the lines of the frames connecting the two pics should be made to be adjustable so if you happen to want slightly more of one pic showing vs the other you can adjust the borders yourself. This app will def get 5 stars once some changes are made
This is one of my favorite apps and was actually one of the first apps I actually downloaded on my first iPhone. It has worked great for me until I recently bought my iPhone 6 - now it will not allow me to upload the second picture. I only get a white screen after I try that second pic
Please fix it - I miss using it
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 16, 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 4.8 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Mirko Tomic
- © 2011 Red Hot Bits & OneTap
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.