Each month, Down East magazine evokes and illuminates the spirit and culture of Maine through stunning photography, beautiful storytelling, and quality journalism.
Starting with our first issue in August 1954, we have honestly reflected the beauty and the authenticity that make this state like no other.
Plus, in every issue you'll find articles on Maine life, people, places, businesses, restaurants, and much more
Download full issues of Down East and explore the magazine of Maine on your iPad and stay connected with the Pine Tree state no matter where you are.
Download our app for free, and then either subscribe or buy individual issues.
12-month subscription (12 issues) - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
6-month subscription (6 issues) - $12.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
1-month subscription (1 issue) - $2.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
Single issue - $3.99 (no automatic renewal)
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period; renewal price is same as above
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
• iPad subscriptions and/or single issues are not included with print subscriptions. Print subscribers can purchase a digital add-on for $5.00 at downeast.com
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This magazine has the potential to have an amazing app. But the app is so frustrating. Down east is my favorite magazine, and I would love for the app to be simple but it’s not. It’s hard to sign in to your account. Hard to find your subscription info and to then manage it. The magazine don’t have an option as far as I can tell for automatic downloads and don’t alert you when the new issues are available. You guys need to pour a lot of resources into this app. You could actually have an amazing thing here if it were simpler to use. And I’m pretty savvy with apps and computers.
This is simply the print edition on-screen. Not optimized as an e-magazine ought to be, so the reading experience is sub-par. Portrait only orientation; Double clicking to zoom in does not center on the text. Text cannot be selected for definitions, nor is there search. Graphics, ads and photos can't be double clicked to view larger and when pinch zoomed they retain their original resolution becoming blurred. Two page spreads cannot be viewed on one screen. No hyperlinks. I hate to waste paper but would have been better off with the print subscription. 👎
App Consistently Dies Not Allow "Restore Purchases" on iPhone
This is the best magazine that I do look forward to reading on my mobile devices. However, I cannot get the app to restore past purchases on my iPhone 7plus. (I have a digital subscription that just auto-renewed for another year and the app works beautifully on my iPad.) PLEASE fix this issue so that I can read the magazine on my iPhone. (My low rating is due entirely to this problem and In no way to the caliber of the magazine.)
- Down East Enterprise, Inc.
- 45.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Down East Enterprise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Down East Magazine subscription $19.99
- Down East Magazine subscription $2.99
- Down East Magazine subscription $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.