Each month, Down East magazine evokes and illuminates the spirit and culture of Maine through stunning photography, beautiful storytelling, and quality journalism.
Starting with our first issue in August 1954, we have honestly reflected the beauty and the authenticity that make this state like no other.
Plus, in every issue you'll find articles on Maine life, people, places, businesses, restaurants, and much more
Download full issues of Down East and explore the magazine of Maine on your iPad and stay connected with the Pine Tree state no matter where you are.
Download our app for free, and then either subscribe or buy individual issues.
12-month subscription (12 issues) - $19.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
6-month subscription (6 issues) - $12.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
1-month subscription (1 issue) - $2.99 (automatically renewed until canceled)
Single issue - $3.99 (no automatic renewal)
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period; renewal price is same as above
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
• iPad subscriptions and/or single issues are not included with print subscriptions. Print subscribers can purchase a digital add-on for $5.00 at downeast.com
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
GREAT magazine w/ the WORST APP EVER
I’ve been a Down East subscriber continuously since March 2010, having converted to a digital subscription in 2013.
After the app was updated approximately 2 yrs ago, my existing subscription and all my past purchases were wiped out. Consequently, I haven’t been able to access the magazine since that update. The app won’t even let me reset my password. Yet I have continued to be charged annually for my subscription.
I’ve called Down East and Apple support several times during the past 2 yrs. Each time, they offered no real solution except to refund my subscription cost and let me re-subscribe. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.
I have paid for EVERY ISSUE since 2013 and you owe me access to ALL those issues. I’m sick and tired of being treated like crap by you people. Either come up with an acceptable solution to this ridiculous situation or I will pursue a legal remedy.
All the photos appear briefly and then disappear. My digital subscription is worthless without the photos. I’ve tried to order back issues, but the app just sends me to a network error page and suggests trying again later. Terrible. Please fix!! I want to love your magazine!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently seeking to correct the viewing problem, which occurred because of the latest iOS software update. We will let you know as soon as the problem is resolved. Thank you for your patience!
Suddenly I can no longer see any photos or other artwork - just limited amounts of text. The app also refuses to let me log in - tells me it doesn’t recognize Id/password.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working to correct the viewing problem, which is a result of the latest iOS software update. We will let you know as soon as the problem is resolved. Thank you for your patience!
- Down East Enterprise, Inc.
- 45.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Down East Enterprise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Down East Magazine subscription $19.99
- Down East Magazine subscription $2.99
- Down East Magazine subscription $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.