By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A powerful, complete, and easy to use podcast player that will help you manage and listen to podcasts the way you want to.
Now with CarPlay support!
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at email@example.com!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.9.20
• Fixes issue causing some episodes to end early
• Fixes several minor UI layout issues introduced with iPhone X support
• Fixes alignment of quick skip buttons on player for small iPhone models
• Fixes skip back by 30s & 15s buttons on iPad
• Fixes issue preventing refreshing a feed directly after subscription under some circumstances
• Fixes calculation of storage usage
• Fixes player episode details top offset for those not yet on iOS 11
• Adds dynamic row height support for episode & podcast search result rows
Best Podcast App That Fits Most of My Needs
Update to my update: I downgraded to 4 stars because of Downcast’s clunky interface. I tried Overcast again and found the newest version to be a better fit for my workflow with its dark interface and better control over podcast priorities. Downcast was taking too long to check my 60 to 70 feeds and it took too many clicks to go between the now playing screen and my playlist.
Update: A few weeks ago I gave this app a low rating because it couldn’t read my iTunes playlists. After struggling with the hot mess that Apple made of the stock app and trying nearly every other third party podcast app, I find the Downcast meets most of my needs. Downcast in conjunction with the Mac app pretty much means I don't have to mess with iTunes anymore and after proper setup I can have my daily playlist automatically sorted and ready for me with minimal manual adjustment.
I finally can wrap my head around the concept of direct downloads completely untethered to my Mac which means I can update my playlist away from home if needed.
A few of my favorite features:
O The ability to stay on while plugged in
O Gestures to control pausing,and skipping
O a volume slider on the player interface
O podcast priority levels
Great app and good for podcast integration just wish it had a couple features from me
Instead of downloading the episodes I wish I could just stream them all that way I could keep space on my phone for apps and it wouldn’t take up oh I don’t know 12 to 15 GB in podcasts of course I am a podcast fanatic and subscribe to over 100 yeah I know but some of them are only out once a month and some haven’t been updated in years so I need to pair it back a little bit but what I don’t like is that downcast download several episodes at a time of different podcasts not just the most recent
Great for commuting
My needs are simple: I listen to a few podcasts, some having multiple segments per day, and queue them up to listen in my car. I’ve been annoyed with Apple’s poor built-in Podcast app for a while, but the latest iOS upgrade finally made Apple’s app completely unusable and unsafe while driving—no more “mark as played”, no continuous play, and no way to easily group unplayed segments. Downcast restored that functionality and offers much more. Listening during my commute is a pleasure again. I should have switched years ago.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 09, 2017
- Version: 2.9.20
- Size: 34.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2017 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Encouraging Tip$2.99
- Motivating Tip$5.99
- Inspiring Tip$11.99
- Galvanizing Tip$8.99