By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A powerful, complete, and easy to use podcast player that will help you manage and listen to podcasts the way you want to.
Now with CarPlay support!
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at email@example.com!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.9.9
• CarPlay support! (More info: http://downcastapp.com/2016/01/21/CarPlay.html)
• Play position scrubber usability improvements
• VoiceOver - Double tap play position scrubber to jump to a specific time
• VoiceOver - Improved announcement for play position scrubber
• Improves resuming of downloads
• Performance & battery consumption improvements
• Fixes iCloud Syncing issues leading to deletion of local episodes
• Fixes iCloud Syncing deadlock issue when first enabling
• VoiceOver - Fixes magic tap gesture
• Fixes random disabling of play/pause command and other remote commands
• Fixes continuous play issues
• Fixes issue causing video not to display on externally connected screens
• Fixes issue where transitioning to video episode could cause Downcast to pause
• Fixes issue where now playing info wasn't cleared from lock screen/control center
• Fixes a few layout issues on player view
• Fixes issue causing sleep timer to reset to 1min
• Improves interactivity of URL textfield on the Import UI
• Import UI now remembers your last destination podcast choice
The absolute best podcasting app
This is by far the most powerful podcast app out there. It's simple to use, reliable, and has a TON of advanced options. It's also very consistantly updated, with awesome new features being added every few weeks. It handles subscribing to feeds well. You can have it set to automatically refresh your feeds on a timer or even when you enter or leave a certain geolocation (arrive at home or leave work). You can even import media files directly from the Dropbox app, from the iTunes library, or download directly from mediafire or any website. When you play the podcasts, you even have Flicktunes-like gestures for pausing, fast forwarding, and rewinding. You can even use the next/forward on your earpods or bluetooth headphones to skip back or forward 30 seconds, which is so helpful it's puzzling it wasn't built into the normal iPhone's media player.
Used to be the best
I've been using Downcast for years since apple forced us to use their podcast app instead of listening through the music player. This was the absolute best app I ever used until recently. There have been glitches in the past that were corrected promptly, but lately the developer has been unresponsive. My biggest problem is that the app stops at the end of episodes that are separated into chapters. Rather than continuing to the next episode in a playlist, the app just stops. This kind of defeats the purpose of the playlists. I also experience the random pauses in the middle of episodes. I've sent messages to the support people but received no reply and this seemingly common issue isn't noted in their "known issues" on their help site. I hope reviews like this will get the developer's attention. I really don't want to hunt down another podcast app.
Absolutely the best!!!!
I simply cannot give this app enough praise. I use it every day multiple times a day and would gladly pay even more for it. And I'm someone who hates to pay for apps. From its easy layout (very user friendly) to the many settings to personalize it so its perfect just for you. You are also able to import any auto/video file and listen/watch it as if it was a podcast. Which is great for old auto files I find. This app if simply amazing!!!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 29, 2016
- Version: 2.9.9
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2016 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Motivating Tip$5.99
- Encouraging Tip$2.99
- Inspiring Tip$11.99
- Galvanizing Tip$8.99