By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Downcast, the popular iOS podcast app is now available for OS X! Download, play and sync** your favorite podcasts with an intuitive interface built specifically for podcasts.
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-update podcast feeds based on schedule
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected feeds
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast subscription names
• Sync podcast subscriptions, playlists, settings and episode information with other Macs and iOS devices** via iCloud
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x and 3x speed playback*
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
For support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* See the following Help article for an explanation of play speeds: http://support.downcastapp.com/customer/portal/articles/476114-playback-speeds
** Downcast for iOS is required for syncing to iOS devices
What's New in Version 2.9.17
• Fixes 'previous' AppleScript command
• Fixes next/previous behavior when playing from a manually sorted playlist
Used to work
Not exactly sure what happened to this app. I have both the iOS and the Mac version and the iOS is still working okay but the Mac version has really started to nose-dive. The search for new podcasts is slow and painful…..if it does comeback with results, then subscribing to them doesn’t always work. In fact, I am not sure where they go. The feeds I had previoulsly subscribed to, are no longer updating / syncing accurately. The downloads I try to add manually stay stuck in the cue forever. If you see the last update was September 11, 2016…..I would stay away from this buggy app. Such a shame too, it was working great at one time and was one I used almost daily.
Glitches cost it a star
If this app consistently worked the way it is supposed to I’d give it 5 stars, but a couple of annoying glitches cost it a star.
1. Downloads of episodes rarely start automatically. They just sit in the download queue until you click on the queue, Pause it, then Restart it.
2. Syncing with Downcast on my other devices is still unreliable in the current version. Every few weeks syncing stops and I have to clear the sync settings and re-check them.
No longer works.
This app is no longer working. It does not find new episodes, the start/end time feature doesn’t work. All works well with my iPhone though. This app used to be very good, but it’s gone down hill very quickly.
Downgraded my rating to one star. I’ve contacted their support and get no response. I even went on their facebook and no response there either. If I could give 0 stars I would since this app does not work.