Downcast, the popular iOS podcast app is now available for OS X! Download, play and sync** your favorite podcasts with an intuitive interface built specifically for podcasts.
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-update podcast feeds based on schedule
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected feeds
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast subscription names
• Sync podcast subscriptions, playlists, settings and episode information with other Macs and iOS devices** via iCloud
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x and 3x speed playback*
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
For support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* See the following Help article for an explanation of play speeds: http://support.downcastapp.com/customer/portal/articles/476114-playback-speeds
** Downcast for iOS is required for syncing to iOS devices
• Fixes minor UI issues when running on pre macOS 10.14
Ratings and Reviews
This app is ideal. There are two problems that make this app nearly unusable. The first is a technical problem. I have consistently experienced a bug where the Desktop app will run through an entire playlist, playing a few seconds of a podcast, marking it as read, deleting it, and moving to the next podcast quickly chewing through an entire playlist in seconds. The second problem is that upon reporting the problem some time ago, there has been no response from the developer. One would expect better service from a paid app. Until these are corrected, I cannot recommend this app.
Thank you for Dark mode and an awesome app
I use downcast every day for watching / listening to my favorite podcasts.
I know there is a rewrite in the works and can't wait for the new improvments.
Decent up, but syncing breaks everything
Interface is good. Similar to the iOS version. Points here.
Syncing on the app is broken though. Unsubscribes podcasts and edits playlists on the iOS version, rendering using both together untenable. I would not recommended trying to use the two together to anyone.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.