By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Downcast, the popular iOS podcast app is now available for OS X! Download, play and sync** your favorite podcasts with an intuitive interface built specifically for podcasts.
Limited time introductory sale price!
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-update podcast feeds based on schedule
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected feeds
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast subscription names
• Sync podcast subscriptions, playlists, settings and episode information with other Macs and iOS devices** via iCloud
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x speed playback*
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
If you encounter a bug or have a feature request please send an email to email@example.com.
* See the following Help article for an explanation of play speeds: http://support.downcastapp.com/customer/portal/articles/476114-playback-speeds
** Downcast for iOS is required for syncing to iOS devices
What's New in Version 1.0.10
• Adds local episode sorting options for sorting by time remaining and file size.
• Adds 1.25x playback speed option.
• Local & Available episode lists now show the episode count in their respective header group row.
• Fixes issue preventing episode duration from displaying in certain scenarios.
• Fixes issue preventing sharing via email.
• Fixes issue that could lead to authentication failures for password protected podcasts. Note: You may need to re-enter your credentials.
• Fixes issue preventing deletion of media files.
• Fixes issue where Preferences menu item was checked.
• Fixes crash caused by feeds whose enclosure URLs do not contain a URL scheme.
• Fixes issue where global play speed and continuous play preferences weren't updated when toggling these settings in the now playing area.
• Fixes issue where the playback speed for the currently playing item wasn't updated when changing it's podcast's playback speed setting or the global preference.
I absolutely love this podcast catcher
I run this on my Mac and my iPhone. It syncs beautifully between the two. I use the sleep timer at night. I listen to my favorite podcasts while I travel and at work. This app just works perfectly for my needs and I’m never without my favorite shows.