By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Downcast, the popular iOS podcast app is now available for OS X! Download, play and sync** your favorite podcasts with an intuitive interface built specifically for podcasts.
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically (including resuming downloads)
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-update podcast feeds based on schedule
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention (globally and per-podcast)
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected feeds
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast subscription names
• Sync podcast subscriptions, playlists, settings and episode information with other Macs and iOS devices** via iCloud
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x and 3x speed playback*
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
For support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* See the following Help article for an explanation of play speeds: http://support.downcastapp.com/customer/portal/articles/476114-playback-speeds
** Downcast for iOS is required for syncing to iOS devices
What's New in Version 1.1.7
• Fixes parsing issue for some feeds that include invalid characters
• Fixes several potential crashes
• Fixes broken context menu and short cuts when using the available episodes list
• Fixes issue preventing application of incoming iCloud changes
• Fixes OS X 10.8 related issue with changing the media library location
It’s okay, but only because I have it on iOS
If I wasn’t already in the Downcast eco-system with my iOS devices, I don’t know I could recommend the OSX version.
There continue to be sync issues, especially when I forget to run Downcast on my Mac for a while. Podcasts and episodes I’ve deleted on iOS come back, forcing me into a time consuming “sync cycle.”
Major functionality is there though and works relatively well (when it is working). Like I said, if you have the iOS versions there is some value here. If not, I can’t say I would recommend it.
Unable to add/play podcasts
When control clicking a podcast
then selecting any of the many
"subscribe/save/mark for streaming/play"
only works once or not at all then fails on
subsequent tries on other podcasts.
This makes adding/playing podcasts unusable.
Program has not crashed but is unusable.
I hope the developer fixes this soon!!!