The Downdetector app offers real-time status and uptime monitoring for hundreds of services, including telecommunication outages (internet, phone and TV service), online banking problems, websites that go down and apps that aren’t working. The service monitors over 4,400 services in 32 countries.
Our outage detection is based on a real-time analysis of user reports from multiple sources, including social media such as Twitter, the Downdetector website and reports filed through this app.
- Track outages with services in your country (32 countries supported)
- Remove in-app advertising (premium feature)
- Receive an alert when your favorite service has an outage (premium feature)
- Select your favorite services and have them displayed at the top of the list
- File an outage report when a service is down for you
- Check problem reports from other users of the app and the Downdetector website.
- Read and write comments
- View outage maps to check for local outages with telecommunications providers
- View tweets about service problems from other users
- Services and ordered alphabetically or based on the number of complaints over the past hour.
- View support contact information for each service, such as phone number, web contact form or e-mail address (if available).
- available in Danish, Dutch, English, Finish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish
Digital subscription options:
- Remove advertising - Remove advertising from the app for 1 year for $1.99
- Outage alerts - Automatically receive an alert for outages - 1 month for $1.99
- Outage alerts - Automatically receive an alert for outages - 1 year for $12.99
Payment for subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of the current billing cycle, unless automatic renewal is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing cycle. Upon automatic renewal, within 24 hours before the end of the current billing cycle, the subscription amount will be charged to your iTunes account. Each billing cycle will last one year. You will be notified before each renewal. You may disable automatic renewal and manage your subscription to this service through the iTunes Store.
Privacy statement - https://downdetector.com/privacy-statement
Ratings and Reviews
Works as advertised I guess, but needs a fix
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MAPS?
Haven't fixed the slow loading, but hey, we can automatically renew your subscription!
App works, the problem is the reliability of the public reporting "it's down" when it really isn't. I get reports with the app of a site being down while I'm not having problems with that site, so take reports with a certain amount of skepticism.
However, one thing I wish the app really did was to have the ability to only query & load my Favorites instead of loading some giant list of apps/websites that I have no interest in. As a result the app takes far too long to display data when you launch it.
Don’t like it!
I have to give up my privacy and pay for add’s NO WAY!
After reading T&C’s.
- Serinus42 BV
- 19.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Downdetector 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Remove advertising $1.99
- Outage alerts - 1 year $11.99
- Remove advertising $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.