By Uber Technologies, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Uber Driver – the app for drivers
• Help people move around your city, and make money on your schedule. Drive whenever you want—Uber offers a flexible way to make extra cash on your terms. No offices, no bosses.
• Download the Uber Driver app, and sign up to drive in the app. We’ll guide you through the steps and notify you when you’re all set to drive.
Hitting the road
• The app offers the latest features that help you focus on driving and making money.
• We’ll explain how to use the app, provide optional navigation and Help support, and let you know when there are special opportunities to make even more. Every trip you take is fully tracked by GPS for safety and security.
• You can see how much you’ve made anytime after every trip. You’ll be paid directly to your bank account every week, or receive cash on each trip—depending on the country you drive in.
*This app typically uses 2 GB of data per month. Using navigation can decrease your phone’s battery life.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.169.3
Thanks for driving with Uber! We update the app as often as possible to make it more reliable and improve your driving experience. Check back next week for any new features and important fixes.
So I have been having the SAME EXACT issues as "BAD REVIEW" in L.A.!
Every time I get "dinged" for a trip, I quickly tap it. The trip disappears from the screen and the map reappears, as if I've completely missed the "call"! ....no wait! I DID MISS IT!
I am wasting my time online, burning up my battery life because I can't even accept trips! I'm losing out on money AND the riders have to wait LONGER for a ride due to having to wait longer for the next closest person to get the trip! This is WRONG all the way around! And I have sent messages several times through the Driver app & it's ALWAYS the same frickin AUTOMATED replies!!!! I am NOT a computer! Not EVERY message to you guys can be solved by: "follow these steps to fix your issues..." I know how to read the "Help" section and if those things WORKED, I wouldn't be wasting time I could be making money by messaging you, now would I?!
I have ALSO been told to Close the app out and restart it, log out and log back in, delete the app and re-download the app....I did ALL of those and NOW my app looks exactly how it did before any of the last updates occurred and STILL having the same unresolved issues!
I'm relatively new driving with uber but the navigation that is used by default in the app is terrible. It informed me of turns once I was almost past the turn and it guided me into areas that were next door or across the street from where the actual customers were. I started using Waze and it's gotten better but I wish we could use Apple maps as an option. Some clients even asked me why does Uber's navigation guide their drivers certain ways to their destination every time they use uber, which they considered to be the long way or wrong. Also if the gps could give the name of specific destinations such as the Safeway or Popeyes it would be really helpful other than just the address because at least that way I know exactly what building to look for. Other than these minor issues I've enjoyed driving for Uber.
I Like It!
The Uber app is easy to use as I am a new driver. Would love to be able see:
1) Long Distance Trip - in bold or all caps -before accepting. My first night ever was interesting. I accepted a request that was long distance at 9:30p and although rider was close by, I didn't know their destination was over an hour away. I took them there but, spouse was worried about me and I wasn't able to text or call to tell my whereabouts until after I completed trip. I got home very late. I probably would still have accepted the request but, would also have been able to share info with spouse. Thanks for making the most of my driving time in any way you can.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 16, 2017
- Version: 3.169.3
- Size: 203 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Uber Technologies, Inc.
- © Uber Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.