Goodreads: Book Reviews
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Discover and share books you love on Goodreads, the world's largest site for readers and book recommendations!
Find new and interesting books by browsing personalized recommendations based on books you've read and your favorite genres. See what your friends are reading, write book reviews, and keep track of what you want to read.
Use our barcode scanner the next time you are in a bookstore. Add the book in your hands to your "to-read" shelf and browse reviews before buying.
More than 35 million members have added more than 1 billion books to their shelves. No other app combines the power and depth of the Goodreads community with an enormous catalog of books and reviews.
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new books based on your tastes.
• Goodreads Choice Awards: vote for your favorite books of the year and see the winners!
• Participate in the Reading Challenge!
• Barcode scanner!
• Keep a want-to-read list.
• See book reviews and updates from your friends.
• Discover new books and explore popular book lists.
• Rate and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
• Share notes and progress updates as you read.
• Recommend books to friends.
• Join online book clubs and connect with other readers.
• View literary events near you.
What's New in Version 3.8.1
• New genre and list pages! Force touch ("peek and pop") on a book to see the book info, swipe right to add to your Want to Read list, and favorite a genre directly from a genre page
• See the Kindle Notes & Highlights your friends have shared, liked, and commented on
• Fixed a bug where review snippets weren't showing on shelves
• Infinite scrolling now available on shelves
• Improved Voiceover support on the newsfeed
The App you never knew you needed
Amazing app with multiple book-related uses. You can make lists of books (called bookshelves) for different categories like "want to read", "read", "currently reading", etc.
You can search for new books to read, recommended books based on books you've "shelved" in the app that you've already read or based on the genre of books you prefer.
The social media side of it is great, you can see what books your friends are currently reading, want to read, and have already read, and read their reviews on books.
Speaking of reviews, you can write reviews on books or just give them a rating from a one to five star scale.
The app also lets you input every now and then what page of a book you're currently reading you're on so far and personally, this is my favorite feature off the app. It helps keep me accountable for finishing a book within a certain time frame or making sure to read a little hit everyday and watch the loading percentage bar get more and more full until I'm done with the book!
All in all it's an amazing app. A definite must-have for any book-lover and a fun app to help people who want to get more into reading too!
Not too shabby
I like having a book-centric take on social media. You can see what others are reading, how he or she rated the book and why it was rated this in his or her review. Post your own progress and comment as you go. Add titles to a digital shelf of books that you've read, books you want to read and those you are currently reading. Make new shelves for individual genres or personal sorting (to reread, shelved for now, could not finish, etc.). There's a lot to love here.
My complaint is that it is not easy (tbh I'm not even sure if it is possible) to add a book to your 'owned' shelf from another shelf. Easy on the browser, not so much in-app. Other than that, it's great. Definitely one of my favorite apps on my phone.
Keep up the good work!
I LOVE Goodreads! I use it both on the app and on my desktop. It's perfect for sorting through my books and keeping track of them. Anytime someone suggests a book to me, I can quickly pull up the app, search the book, and save it to read later. It's awesome! However...
I constantly get notifications from Goodreads, and they're almost always redundant. I just got 3 notifications concerning stuff that happened 19 days ago on the website. It's not a huge problem, but it happens almost every time I open the app on my phone. If they can clear this up so the notifications don't refresh or resend, that would make this a 5-star review!