Downloads for iPad — Download Manager
By Hian Zin Jong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Downloads for iPad is a fully featured download manager that allows you to download files to your iPad, you can then view the downloaded files right on your iPad, or transfer them to your computer.
√ Tabbed browser
- Provides a user experience very similar to Safari
- Supports unlimited tabs
- Tap and hold on a link to open it in new tab or download it
- Fully featured bookmark manager
- History support
- Address bar auto-completion
- HTTP basic authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Integrated Google or Yahoo! search
- Ability to spoof browser's User-Agent string to display web pages like Firefox
- Unified smart search field. Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, the browser automatically suggests the closest match to what you’re looking for.
√ Download manager
- Fast downloading speed
- Save pages with images for offline viewing
- Supports resuming of interrupted downloads reliably
- Live download progress bar and speed indicator
- Active downloads badge number
- Add arbitrary download link
- Always download with correct filename
- Ability to download file of unknown size
√ File manager
- Folders support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Search by file name
- Document viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html, .webarchive and .rtf file formats
- Extract ZIP and RAR archives
- Import photos from camera roll
√ Dropbox integration
- Upload, download and manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
√ Advanced PDF viewer
- Huge PDF files work flawlessly
- Text search
- Tap PDF links to jump across the file
√ Photo viewer
- Swipe to move between images in a folder
- Zoom in and out with pinch gesture
- Thumbnails view of all images in a folder
- Ability to save images to photo album
√ File transfer
- iTunes USB File Sharing lets you drag and drop files between your iPad and computer
- Supports HTTP and FTP protocols
- Transfer files to and from computer that is in the same Wi-Fi network
- Send files as email attachments
√ Passcode lock
√ Mobile Safari integration
- Bookmarklet that lets you send links from Mobile Safari to Downloads HD
- Background downloading
√ Inter-app document interchange
- Other apps can save their files to Downloads app (e.g. Email app can save attachments to Downloads app)
√ Recovery Mode
- If the browser caught in an endless loop of pop-up alerts, go to the iOS built-in "Settings" app, find "Downloads HD", turn on "Recovery Mode", then force-quit and relaunch the app.
What's New in Version 5.3.1
- Bug fixes.
Y u no soundcloud
I have had the free version of the app for awhile and it was nice and everything. I would delete the files i thought i wouldnt need in the future then i would download the new ones. Then i found this great song on soundcloud, I just couldnt delete the files i already had because they were good mp3s, so i bought the full version, but when i got onto soundcloud using the full version the box that had the options to download and stuff wasnt there when it had worked on the free version...i cant find the song on internet and im kind of sad about that :(
Apparently limited to sites it works on
I thought this was a pretty cool app when I was able to download an mp3 I purchased. Then when I clicked to download a backing track mp3 from another site, I found I could open and play the file, but if I held and clicked on "download linked file" it just saved the html of the page the download was linked on. Could have done that on Safari. So, I would say there are still bugs in it.
Works Great on my IPad Pro.
Working as advertised without lag. Download is speedy with good bandwidth. I haven't found out a way to move files to my own location or share with other apps. I'm also curious to know where the files are stored exactly on my pad and how to backup my files to my computer.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 13, 2015
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 26.3 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Hian Zin Jong
- © 2015 Hian Zin Jong
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.