Files HD (formerly known as Downloads HD - Download Manager for iPad) features a Web browser that lets you save documents to your iPad so that you can work with them offline. It has a built-in file manager, with robust viewer for all iOS supported document types, powerful photo browser, advanced PDF reader, full Dropbox support, and more.
√ Tabbed browser
- Provides a user experience very similar to Safari
- Supports unlimited tabs
- Tap and hold on a link to open it in new tab or download it
- Fully featured bookmark manager
- History support
- Address bar auto-completion
- HTTP basic authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Integrated Google or Yahoo! search
- Ability to spoof browser's User-Agent string to display web pages like Firefox
- Unified smart search field. Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, the browser automatically suggests the closest match to what you’re looking for.
√ Download manager
- Fast downloading speed
- Save pages with images for offline viewing
- Supports resuming of interrupted downloads reliably
- Live download progress bar and speed indicator
- Active downloads badge number
- Add arbitrary download link
- Always download with correct filename
- Ability to download file of unknown size
√ File manager
- Folders support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Search by file name
- Document viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html, .webarchive and .rtf file formats
- Extract ZIP and RAR archives
- Import photos from camera roll
√ Dropbox integration
- Upload, download and manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
√ Advanced PDF viewer
- Huge PDF files work flawlessly
- Text search
- Tap PDF links to jump across the file
√ Photo viewer
- Swipe to move between images in a folder
- Zoom in and out with pinch gesture
- Thumbnails view of all images in a folder
- Ability to save images to photo album
√ File transfer
- iTunes USB File Sharing lets you drag and drop files between your iPad and computer
- Supports HTTP and FTP protocols
- Transfer files to and from computer that is in the same Wi-Fi network
- Send files as email attachments
√ Passcode lock
√ Mobile Safari integration
- Bookmarklet that lets you send links from Mobile Safari to Files HD
- Background downloading
√ Inter-app document interchange
- Other apps can save their files to Files HD (e.g. Email app can save attachments to Files HD)
√ Recovery Mode
- If the browser caught in an endless loop of pop-up alerts, go to the iOS built-in "Settings" app, find "Files HD", turn on "Recovery Mode", then force-quit and relaunch the app.
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved performance
Ratings and Reviews
Could use a delete or move downloads in a view mode. Currently, you have to fist view a picture, then go back to the file view to delete. Hard to do with large numbers of files, or names containing long and complex names. I have not found a way to export files to another app, like iPhoto. Another nice feature would be to have choices for how files/pictures are arranged. For example, by name, date, size, or type/kind.
Good app, some fixes
This is one of the best web/download manager apps that I have ever used. However, on iOS 11, there are some bugs including crashing when tapping the back button and needing to tap, wait, then tap the address bar to actually type.
A feature that would be nice to see, but not essential (for me at least) would be drag and drop capability on iOS 11. Fix some bugs, add some polish, and you have a perfect app!
Please Update for iOS 11
I have depended on this app for quite a while, but it won't run on iOS 11, which is a real headache. They're aren't any truly competitive apps out there to replace this one. Even though I've already paid for it, I'd be willing to spend a couple more dollars if you would update it.
Also, please fix the annoying app crash when you hit the back button in the browser. Thank you.
- Hian Zin Jong
- 28.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Hian Zin Jong
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.