Files - File Manager & Web Browser
By Hian Zin Jong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Files (formerly known as Downloads Lite) features a Web browser that lets you save documents to your iPhone or iPod touch so that you can work with them offline. It has a built-in file manager, with robust viewer for all iOS supported document types, powerful photo browser, advanced PDF reader, full Dropbox support, and more.
NOTE: This app does not support downloading of audio or video content.
√ Full portrait & landscape mode support
√ Passcode lock
√ Web browser
- Provides a user experience very similar to Mobile Safari
- Tabbed browsing
- Tap and hold on an image to download it
- Tap and hold to force download
- Save web pages with images for offline viewing
- Full screen mode
- Bookmark manager
- History support
- Address bar auto-completion
- HTTP basic authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Integrated Google or Yahoo! search
- Ability to spoof browser's User-Agent string to display web pages like Firefox
- Unified smart search field. Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, the browser automatically suggests the closest match to what you’re looking for.
√ Download manager
- Fast downloading speed
- Supports resuming of interrupted downloads reliably
- Live download progress bar and speed indicator
- Active downloads badge number
- Add arbitrary download link
- Always download with correct filename
√ File manager
- Full screen document viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html and .rtf file formats
- Folders support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Search by file name
- Extract RAR archives
- Unzip ZIP files
- Remember document scroll position
- Attempt to open file of unrecognized format
- Import photos from camera roll
√ Dropbox integration
- Upload, download and manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
√ Advanced PDF viewer
- Huge PDF files work flawlessly
- Text search
- Tap PDF links to jump across the file
√ Photo viewer
- Tap or swipe to move between images in a folder
- Zoom in and out with pinch gesture
- Ability to save images to photo album
- Thumbnails view
√ File transfer
- Supports HTTP and FTP protocols
- Supports iTunes USB File Sharing
- Transfer files to and from computer in Wi-Fi network
- Send files as email attachments (size under 15MB)
√ Mobile Safari Integration
- Bookmarklet for Mobile Safari that lets you open any link in Files app
- Background downloading
√ Inter-app document interchange
- Other apps can save their files to Files app (e.g. Email app can save attachments to Files app)
√ Recovery Mode
- If the browser caught in an endless loop of pop-up alerts, go to the iOS built-in "Settings" app, find "Files", turn on "Recovery Mode", then force-quit and relaunch the app.
What's New in Version 6.0.1
- Bug fixes
I love it
It's a really amazing app whether you download the full version or the free version I have the full version I just got it to say and it's worth the money I have to say really unlimited free song and you can play them without wifi whether you download the full version or the free version if you phones not turn on this is good but the free version only allows 7 song I mean that's good enough but it's really good
If you don't pay for the full version, it'll only let you download 7 songs. When you do buy the full version it's a great investment! You don't need wifi or any type of signal to listen to your songs!
One problem is you need to know which are the good copies &' which aren't.
Tip: you might want to listen to it before you download.
Thee Best App!!!!!!
It would be good for a upgrade like maybe be able to Bluetooth my movies front this app to my smart tv like YouTube.I've been having this app for years never fails I have downloaded from hundreds of music to even movies. I would love for this upgrade with this done this app should be top one apps today to download!!thank you