Dr. Moku's Hiragana Mnemonics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn to read and write Japanese Hiragana in less than one hour! Read the reviews right here. It works.
Use mnemonic memory tricks to learn Hiragana. You will be reading basic Japanese in just a few seconds.
Perfect for the complete beginner, young or old, this is the foolproof and definite way to master the first essential step in learning Japanese.
● Complete mnemonic system for learning Hiragana.
● NEW! Offline Audio Phrasebook. We have included Japanese words and phrases!
● NEW! Animated Stroke Orders so you can learn how to write Hiragana.
● NEW! Now includes quiz types and options which include Dakuten, Handakuten and Yoon; modified Hiragana.
● Audio clips to help pronunciation.
● 2 different Learning modes: Manual (allows you to learn at your own speed) and Autoplay (Each screen and audio clip play in sequence)
● 3 different Quiz Modes: Easy, Hard and Master.
● Quick Reference allows you to jump instantly to the screens you want to revise.
● Video demo and Introductory guide to learning Japanese, with pictorial examples and everything you need to know about learning basic and modified Hiragana.
Mnemonics are memory tricks that use humor or a memorable personal connection to help you fix and break associations so your brain has no choice but to remember.
“I came across Dr. Moku's Hiragana Mnemonics. Thirty minutes later I had memorized all hiragana. - Mark Frauenfelder founder of BoingBoing.net
Each screen presents a Hiragana character along with a mnemonic clue and audio clip. Read the clue, listen to the clip and move on to the next one. The alternating bold colors will 'reset' your brain so you start fresh with each symbol, allowing you to learn auto-magically.
Please note: you will need a basic understanding of English to use this app.
Learning Japanese may seem like an impossible task but with Dr. Moku you will be amazed at your ability to learn and recall.
The Japanese written language is comprised of three writing systems: Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji. New students must learn Hiragana and Katakana (both are referred to as "kana") first and this process usually takes between a week and month. With the Dr. Moku system we have seen students learn all Hiragana and Katakana in less than one hour!
Psst! We are releasing our long awaited Kanji app early 2017!
What's New in Version 2.2
Fixed performance issues related to iOS 10
This app is amazing! I learned all of my hiragana in one day. One day. It's so easy to use and learn the hiragana with the pictures they are using that it stays in your brain! It's really helpful and amazing. You won't regret using this app if you want to learn hiragana fast and easy. I recommend if you like to look at pictures like reading. Each hiragana has a picture that the hiragana is. Ex: ら ra the picture is of a (ra)bbit and the dash in ら is a carrot so you remember that (ra)bbit likes carrots.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 29, 2016
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bob Byrne
- © 2016 Bob Byrne
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.