Dr. Moku's Hiragana Mnemonics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn to read and write Japanese Hiragana in less than one hour! Read the reviews right here. It works.
Use mnemonic memory tricks to learn Hiragana. You will be reading basic Japanese in just a few seconds.
Perfect for the complete beginner, young or old, this is the foolproof and definite way to master the first essential step in learning Japanese.
● Complete mnemonic system for learning Hiragana.
● NEW! Offline Audio Phrasebook. We have included Japanese words and phrases!
● NEW! Animated Stroke Orders so you can learn how to write Hiragana.
● NEW! Now includes quiz types and options which include Dakuten, Handakuten and Yoon; modified Hiragana.
● NEW! Reading Practice
● NEW! Word Search Game
● 2 different Learning modes: Manual (allows you to learn at your own speed) and Autoplay (Each screen and audio clip play in sequence)
● 3 different Quiz Modes: Easy, Hard and Master.
● Quick Reference allows you to jump instantly to the screens you want to revise.
● Video demo and Introductory guide to learning Japanese, with pictorial examples and everything you need to know about learning basic and modified Hiragana.
Mnemonics are memory tricks that use humor or a memorable personal connection to help you fix and break associations so your brain has no choice but to remember.
“I came across Dr. Moku's Hiragana Mnemonics. Thirty minutes later I had memorized all hiragana. - Mark Frauenfelder founder of BoingBoing.net
Each screen presents a Hiragana character along with a mnemonic clue and audio clip. Read the clue, listen to the clip and move on to the next one. The alternating bold colors will 'reset' your brain so you start fresh with each symbol, allowing you to learn auto-magically.
Please note: you will need a basic understanding of English to use this app.
Learning Japanese may seem like an impossible task but with Dr. Moku you will be amazed at your ability to learn and recall.
The Japanese written language is comprised of three writing systems: Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji. New students must learn Hiragana and Katakana (both are referred to as "kana") first and this process usually takes between a week and month. With the Dr. Moku system we have seen students learn all Hiragana and Katakana in less than one hour!
Psst! We are releasing our long awaited Kanji app early 2017!
What's New in Version 2.5
● New UI fix: Restore previous purchase in More>Support>Restore.
● Added link to Dr. Moku's Kanji
● Dr. Moku now talks you through each kana character.
● Write with your finger on screen then check it against the correct animation.
● Audio reference chart.
● New demonstration video.
If you have an iPhone 4 or 4S it is advised you do NOT update as the new UI will appear over sized in some parts.
Buy it now!
I love this app! I learned all of Hiragana with just a few days' concentrated studying. Charts, quizzes, reading, listening, speaking —it covers all the bases.
The mnemonics are humorous and strange to a very effective degree to make the individual kana easy to remember.
I can't wait to check out Dr. Moku's Kanji app when it comes out
This app is great and the newest update added even more! The visuals for memorizing the symbols are great when combined with the quiz options: multiple choice, free response, and now the listening quizzes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 17, 2017
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 115 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bob Byrne
- © 2017 Bob Byrne
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.