Dr. Cleaner: Disk,Memory,System Optimizer
By Trend Micro
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
--- 2,500,000 USERS in 18 MONTHS. 110,000 RATINGS, AVERAGE RATING 4.8 ---
Dr. Cleaner is the ONLY all-in-one FREE App that offers Memory Optimization, Disk Cleaning and System Monitoring to keep your Mac optimized for the best performance.
With a brand new user interface, Dr. Cleaner provides an easy-to-use way to optimize the performance of your Mac! Also, with Dr. Cleaner, you can easily view real-time network usage and CPU usage in the menu bar.
"It removes unwanted and useless files to clean up your mac. It does everything the description says." — Kamil.D from Australia
"Very simple - very effective. Easy to use and great way to keep your Mac optimised." — Damo1193 from U.K.
"Simply the best App I have ever used…" — Jani from Germany
[Smart Memory Optimizer]
• 1-click memory optimization
• Instantly reclaim memory from closed Apps
• Identify Apps that use a significant amount of memory
[Junk Files Cleaner]
• Quick disk clean from status bar menu
• Clean temporary files, incl. logs, mail caches, iTunes and iOS temporary files, etc.Empty Trash for current user
• Clever detection of remaining files after deleting Apps
• Clean trash in removable storage
[Big Files Scanner]
• 1-click scan of big files (customizable size from 10 MB and above)
• Multiple filters of size, date, name and type
• Local files in sync with your cloud drives can also be found
• Protected files* will not be deleted
[* Important big files can be "locked" into the protected list to avoid false deletion.]
• Thorough and quick scan — it has the fast and accurate scanning technique that covers your entire home folder.
• Smart and accurate selection — duplicates are selected not only by file names but also by their contents. Files are shown in detailed previews. it can also help you "decide" which copy to delete by presenting "Auto Select" button.
• Easy and safe decision — duplicates can be sorted by file type and listed in their full route for you to track. You can decide which way to clean these files - either by putting them in to Trash or deleting them permanently.
We value your feedback! Please comment in the App Store or submit ideas and requests directly to our developers through our support portal (http://Appletuner.trendmicro.com/support).
You can also email us directly at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
1.Adjusted User Interface to demonstrate information more clearly.
2.Various bug fixes.
2012 MacBook: Works well for me!
I have a mid-2012 MacBook 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 which was starting to slow down substantially, especially when I was surfing the ‘net (which I do frequently). Google Chrome seemed to be the worst offender. Dr Cleaner made it (almost) like a new ‘pute. My MacBook now boots up quickly, loads software quickly, and runs very well. While a long ‘net surfing session still will eventually slow my MacBook down to a crawl, Dr. Cleaner provides a neat little feature — an icon on the tray — which constantly displays the % of operational capacity. When it gets near 90%, I know I have to close some browser windows. Dr. Cleaner then AUTOMATICALLY optimizes that memory space and my computer speeds right up. I love this software and, especially for free, I strongly recommend it.
Seems to only get better
I’ve been a user of this app for some time now and aside from a minor backstep a few updates ago, Dr. Cleaner only seems to get better. I can quickly optimize my system while working with large files in creative suite apps to keep everything moving smoothly. The newest update allowing to quickly scan for burdensome files and quickly delete is a nice feature. I did notice that some of the funcitonality buttons seemed moved around and certain less used features axed, so it might take a bit of reaquainting to get completely familiar to all of it’s full potential. Keep improving and I’ll keep using it.
Free? Not quite.
I saw a post advertising this app, so I had to check it out. Reading the comments before download, I was getting a bit bummed out with how some of the older customers feel about the recent updates. I still figured I’d give it a shot. It’s not the worst mac cleaner, but there's definitely some red flags when a feature advertised in the description is not accessible, or even worse when the feature is there, but.. WAIT, you need to buy the full version to use this. Read some more reviews; it’s not terrible but not something I necessarily support. Could use some work before I try it out again. Thanks for, not much.